Author Topic: Steven Universe Megathread - Wanted  (Read 86079 times)

I'm not sure how watching the airing online helps ratings compared to watching it on TV, but i meant that there are people who miss the airing probably because they're too busy, forget, are on a weird sleep schedule, or they just don't have access to their TV or internet while the show airs

I wasn't even aware that they showed new episodes on CN's website and i'm usually too preoccupied with other things to drag myself away for a half an hour

it doesn't help ratings unless you're part of the small sample that actually contributes to ratings, which you would probably know about. it does affect how much ad revenue they bring in, but it's hard to know how much of the fanbase consists of teenagers and young adults on the internet.

my routine has always been to watch the episodes when they air, come back, and post whatever is most easily accessible, and nobody has ever had a problem with it except tony

Don't have a cable provider? loving get one, it's basic loving cable.
Oh sure, let me just cough up an extra $70/month so I can watch a single show and nothing else.

the plot was good, the details were bad, ill list my grievances

1: Greg wanted a Hyundai excel, period.
2: it was a manual, and both steven and connie were familiar enough with cars at the respective ages of 14 and 12.75 to hop in a manual and race it
3: stevonnie was coordinated enough to "team drive" a manual car without ever driving one
4: they thought that this car

had a fart's chance in Siberia of beating this car In a race

just watching the first minute on youtube I thought that pearl and greg were going to join forces to tune up the car somehow, pearl managed to build a spaceship with trash from a barn so I thought she would hoon the stuff out of it for them or something... or you know teach them how to drive a car let alone a manual car
5: hey.... Rebecca.... your feminist is showing
6: fwd drifts
7: doesn't that make jenny's car a dandai supremo convertible? why didn't greg just buy that?

yeah the entire episode is a reference to initial d, a lot of the logistic weirdness of the race itself can probably be attributed to that

what's this referrin to tho? i think i might be able to see it but nothing in particular stands out any more than the rest of the show

yeah the entire episode is a reference to initial d, a lot of the logistic weirdness of the race itself can probably be attributed to that
what's this referrin to tho? i think i might be able to see it but nothing in particular stands out any more than the rest of the show
the scene where greg asks steven why he hates kevin, it sounds just like an sjw trying to explain to someone how they got "raped" the other day

the scene where greg asks steven why he hates kevin, it sounds just like an sjw trying to explain to someone how they got "raped" the other day
o i figured it was more of like a "kids, remember!! nobody has a right to treat u like poopoo and remember that, uncle carl..."

but ya it was awkward but i guess it's no worse than sonic sez. in the end it turned out to instead be a lesson of not letting that get in the way of their contentment so i think it was just to justify the rivalry

Oh sure, let me just cough up an extra $70/month so I can watch a single show and nothing else.

Then buy the DVD. You're stealing their hard work. This is as bad as videogame piracy.

I'm not sure how watching the airing online helps ratings compared to watching it on TV, but i meant that there are people who miss the airing probably because they're too busy, forget, are on a weird sleep schedule, or they just don't have access to their TV or internet while the show airs

I wasn't even aware that they showed new episodes on CN's website and i'm usually too preoccupied with other things to drag myself away for a half an hour

They get paid by ads and they claim some money when you sign in online with a cable provider.

buying merch is also good, and that probably gives them more money than they would ever make off of your individual ad revenue

comparing it to video game piracy might be a bit unsound because video games are a single unit that you individually buy and a show is just something that's broadcast on a pay-in service that they don't manage. it'd be more the same as watching youtube with adblock on tbh
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 01:25:45 AM by otto-san »

If you pay for basic cable which comes with like less than 100 channels practically cartoon network is free and you shouldn't have an issue in increasing their ratings then. That or get a DVR.

Shows only get renewed by ratings and merch.

the plot was good, the details were bad, ill list my grievances

1: Greg wanted a Hyundai excel, period.
2: it was a manual, and both steven and connie were familiar enough with cars at the respective ages of 14 and 12.75 to hop in a manual and race it
3: stevonnie was coordinated enough to "team drive" a manual car without ever driving one
4: they thought that this car

had a fart's chance in Siberia of beating this car In a race

just watching the first minute on youtube I thought that pearl and greg were going to join forces to tune up the car somehow, pearl managed to build a spaceship with trash from a barn so I thought she would hoon the stuff out of it for them or something... or you know teach them how to drive a car let alone a manual car
6: fwd drifts
7: doesn't that make jenny's car a dandai supremo convertible? why didn't greg just buy that?

I think you are expecting too much out of a kid's TV show.

A filler episode for a kid's TV show at that.

o i figured it was more of like a "kids, remember!! nobody has a right to treat u like poopoo and remember that, uncle carl..."

but ya it was awkward but i guess it's no worse than sonic sez. in the end it turned out to instead be a lesson of not letting that get in the way of their contentment so i think it was just to justify the rivalry

When Steven said that stuff I thought he sounded like some feminist girl that got triggered.

Completely out of character.

Then again when he fuses he turns into a transmission with headmates so I can understand why he feels that way.

cartoon network isn't free if you're paying for television service you wouldn't have otherwise. also note SU is already renewed through season 5. it's probably not unheard of for a show to have a sudden downturn and be cancelled, but that's clearly not happening here

cartoon network isn't free if you're paying for television service you wouldn't have otherwise. also note SU is already renewed through season 5. it's probably not unheard of for a show to have a sudden downturn and be cancelled, but that's clearly not happening here

Your age is 8, I doubt you're paying for television.