Author Topic: Friend has a problem joining servers "Blockland could not verify your BLID"  (Read 5017 times)

He fixed the "could not verify your Blockland ID" thing.

But now no one can join my server. I've had two people try and it just sits there connecting.
How did your friend fix the "could not verify your Blockland ID" thing?

But now no one can join my server. I've had two people try and it just sits there connecting.
If you did not port forward there's your problem, if not your router is blocking certain ports when clients connect.

unless you two share the same internet or use the same computer/switch computers often this is a separate issue and should be clarified as such.

does it show connection attempts in console? if you look at the log, it should show connection attempt messages when clients attempt to connect.

If you did not port forward there's your problem, if not your router is blocking certain ports when clients connect.
I use UPnP, it was working 20 minutes before. Your advice isn't really helping at all.

unless you two share the same internet or use the same computer/switch computers often this is a separate issue and should be clarified as such.
We do not use the same connection, or computers. He lives about 30 miles away, there's no relevance to us using the same IP/computer, this has been ruled out.

does it show connection attempts in console? if you look at the log, it should show connection attempt messages when clients attempt to connect.
I don't think so, everytime I start the server I see AUTH successful involving LAN.
How did your friend fix the "could not verify your Blockland ID" thing?
He said he did absolutely nothing, it just started working again with no problem.

I've tried to join the server and got nothing but the "Connecting to [INSERT IP HERE]:28000" and just stayed there. In the console it said the whole "on joining server> download sounds YES > download music YES" blah blah but then it said i got no response from pinging a bunch of different IPs. I have no idea what this chicken wampe is but I believe it's some strange internet technical mumbo jumbo & gibberish

I use UPnP, it was working 20 minutes before. Your advice isn't really helping at all.
Just a note Visolator, not trying to be rude or anything, just saying.

Just a note Visolator, not trying to be rude or anything, just saying.
I'm saying your router could be blocking certain packets

Why was it working before, but now all of a sudden doesn't?

Why was it working before, but now all of a sudden doesn't?
uPnP is not reliable. Sometimes it works... sometimes it doesn't. If you're getting any problems with it the easiest solution is to just manually forward the server port.

The joining client must also have an UPNP enabled router.

The joining client must also have an UPNP enabled router.
Nah, uPnP is used to automatically forward a port. It doesn't have anything to do with clients.

Nah, uPnP is used to automatically forward a port. It doesn't have anything to do with clients.
UPnP not working does have something to do with the client, that much I am sure of. I used to not be able to play on any UPnP server, same goes for many others, but recently after getting a new router, I can.

UPnP not working does have something to do with the client, that much I am sure of. I used to not be able to play on any UPnP server, same goes for many other players, but recently after getting a new router, I can.

I tried port fowarding, either I did something wrong, or its just not working... Pretty sure its option #1.

I tried port fowarding, either I did something wrong, or its just not working... Pretty sure its option #1.

Here is an easy site:
http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/
Just pick the exact model of your router and it will give you a step by step guide on how to port forward on it.