Author Topic: Re: DSO decompiler (split from "Retail News")  (Read 16802 times)

I am still waiting for someone to make a DSO decompiler... that would be interesting.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 04:34:36 PM by Badspot »

Um not really. Because i think it was you who wanted the saruman staff code wasnt it? You guys will just decode TBM stuff and steal it. Thats why your so desperate for a dso decoder. I hope one doesnt come out until your cremated.

Badspot

• Administrator
Um not really. Because i think it was you who wanted the saruman staff code wasnt it? You guys will just decode TBM stuff and steal it. Thats why your so desperate for a dso decoder. I hope one doesnt come out until your cremated.
jesus christ get over yourself.  You act like tbm never stole anything.  Did you code everything from scratch without using a single guide? No you used the resources on GG just like everyone else.  Where did those models come from, Did you make them? No, you stole them from loving ldraw.  Where did all those environment textures come from, did you make them? No, you stole them from all loving over the place. 

I am still waiting for someone to make a DSO decompiler... that would be interesting.
DSO can not be decoded.

jesus christ get over yourself.  You act like tbm never stole anything.  Did you code everything from scratch without using a single guide? No you used the resources on GG just like everyone else.  Where did those models come from, Did you make them? No, you stole them from loving ldraw.  Where did all those environment textures come from, did you make them? No, you stole them from all loving over the place.
My textures aren't stolen, I make them, as do most of the TBM mappers. Most of the new bricks in 2.0 were modelled by hand - it was faster than porting from LDraw, where half of the vertices were inverted or something goofy. And regarding resources on GG.com, we don't copy and paste + change a bit here and there.

I'm touched though that you think that the environmental textures are stolen - that means our mappers are doing a good job.

ANYWAY, back on topic - Lego has had a history of horrible decisions when it comes to gaming, so let's see what they do. Now, is the GG.com publishing offer still on the table as well?

Where did those models come from, Did you make them? No, you stole them from loving ldraw.
Actually, i made them from scratch. I love you too Badspot :)

EDIT: i even redid all your "models" because they were giving errors.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 09:17:16 PM by Chris »

Where did all those environment textures come from, did you make them? No, you stole them from all loving over the place. 

Heh, a bunch of us use Terragen and Photoshop.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 10:50:41 PM by [DCF] PhatStreet »

Badspot

• Administrator
Wow so you guys never downloaded a single texture from the internet to use in a map?  That's quite admirable. 

Actually I didn't say that, but using a free site that gives you permission to do so is not "stealing". Ripping code w/o permission and calling it your own is.

Oh, this thread has turned into a flaming thread... Need to find a that old nuke picture...

Oh, yeah, and no one really ports from ldraw anymore, I am not sure how many bricks it has, or if it even has some of the bricks TBM and RTB made. I know for sure that it doesn't have any of AIO's new bricks... But, I saw some evidence that both mods made their own bircks, and it really makes me mad when someone posts on the TBM forums saying RTB stole all their models.

My version of RTB is a patch work of RTBv3, RTB1, RTBv2beta, and some TBM code. But since I didn't take any credit for any of it, its fine...

Back on topic, I wonder if LEGO would buy the idea, and then destory it, so that no one can continue work on it?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 03:19:06 PM by Wedge »

Dont get me on the wrong why Badspot but Textures are quite easy. Like on my space map. It took me around 4 minutes. And Im also releasing a texture pack on BLM for BLM mappers.

Badspot

• Administrator
I'm not talking about red blobs.  I'm talking about all those textures you folks downloaded from the internet and used on your DIFs and terrains. 

And, I'm not questioning your ability to make textures.  What I'm pointing out here is that you people are continously taking advantage of other people's generosity for your own selfish purposes. 

What I'm pointing out here is that you people are continously taking advantage of other people's generosity for your own selfish purposes. 

Give me one piece of evidence to support your claim please :)

Yea, and I want you TBM guys to prove against your nuggetry.

With Torque game engine, can't you decode dso files?  Its only $100!  Yay...

Anyways, why would we steal it?  We can upgrade it, which isn't really stealing, as we're learning from the code.  And I find edit mode kinda pointless on TBM.