Author Topic: Twitch modding help  (Read 603 times)

hey guys, so last night i was chilling, waiting for a stream to start. its a guy i talk to every now and then, and i did some art for him professionally. usually his stream have about 100 viewers, and the chat doesnt need moderation or anything. this night however was different. as soon as the stream started, we had 600 active viewers, and i got granted moderation rights. now i have never been a mod on a twitch chat before, and i couldnt really say much about it as i was knee-deep in a 15-14 clutch situation in CS:GO as it happened, so i just let it slide.

so now, que 3 hours of painful moderation and me not being able to even get away from the stream without being too paranoid someone is gonna go nuts. i had to delete links of love toys, links to research hub, emoticon spam, links to youtube channels, someone talking about loving Self Delete, and a lot of extremely weird behavior. it was so tiring and we didn't have a nightbot/moobot, so i also had to manually do the grind-works of reposting links and answering uptime and what not.

does anyone have experience, know tricks, commands, bots, whatever that lets me moderate better so i can at least get a coffee without getting in trouble?

One thing is for sure,block researchhub. Also that guy with the Self Delete is not me.

One thing is for sure,block researchhub. Also that guy with the Self Delete is not me.
is there a command for adding words to a blacklist?

tell the streamer to get nightbot or something similar, kinda a neccessity when >100 viewers imo

Have the streamer get nightbot in his channel (https://www.nightbot.tv/). By default nightbot will block all links, block spam like all caps chat, emote spam, etc, and a few others.

For yourself I would download BetterTTV chat for your browser if you can. BetterTTV has some really good features for moderation such as extended info panels when you click on someone in chat, saving chat when you /clear chat, and some others. Also enable, on twitch, the mod icons. From twitch chat click on the gear and check mod icons. Makes it easy to time out/ban users quickly.