Author Topic: Astronomers find evidence of a Neptune sized object orbiting beyond Pluto  (Read 1212 times)

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2016/01/feature-astronomers-say-neptune-sized-planet-lurks-unseen-solar-system?utm_source=sciencemagazine&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=planetx-1987
Seeing as we haven't discovered a planet in our solar system of this size in ~170 years, I honestly didn't expect a new discovery like this in our lifetime

/discuss

"planet x"
that's it guys we found godzilla

Can someone give a TL:DR?

Can someone give a TL:DR?

possible neptune sized planet that orbits somewhere between 200AU to 1200AU in a highly not-circular-at-all-orbit, and highly inclined orbit. possibly

editted with more possible correct data
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 02:32:42 PM by Mr. Hurricane »

Oh my god I hope we name it something that isn't a random assortment of letters and numbers.

holy stuff its really far out there
useless to us but cool i guess, maybe its not gaseous

Oh my god I hope we name it something that isn't a random assortment of letters and numbers.
oh I'm sure we will if it truly exists

We won't until someone spots it with a telescope and we get a visual image of it.
Then the person who spots it will probably get naming rights.

oh I'm sure we will if it truly exists
lets name it betelgeuse

call it "forget"