Author Topic: Foxscotch's Userscript Depot - Extended Who's Online + Locked Topic Quotes  (Read 3005 times)

I've made a couple of userscripts for the forum, and I'm also currently working on another
warning: I'm about to start typing differently than usual so don't get 2 confused ok

The ones that I've already made don't really get much exposure, because... I never made a thread for it. I only posted them in the request threads that were asking for such a thing. Well, I did mention one of them here, but that thread didn't really go anywhere.

Extended Who's Online
Get it here

This userscript was requested by SWAT One.
To be clear, "extended" refers to the list itself, not any features involved. All it does is increase the size of the list, so that it includes everyone who's currently online.
By default, it adds a button near the top of the Who's Online page that, when clicked, clears the entire list, then begins adding more entries. You can also set it to do this as soon as the page loads, rather than when the button is clicked. Also by default, it does not include guests, but this can be changed too.
To change the settings, just change a couple of values near the top of the script. It explains what each of them are for above them.

Issues:
  • Sometimes the times get out of order, not a big deal
  • Unreliable on any pages other than the first, also not very important

Locked Topic Quotes
Get it here

Didn't know that.  Locking thread.

This one was... also requested by SWAT One.
It adds quote buttons to posts in locked topics, which add the quote for the respective post to a little text box at the bottom, so that you don't have to copy and paste them manually. This also preserves BBCode, which you wouldn't have access to if you did it manually!
Contrary to what I said in the request thread, it does work in Firefox. I just fixed it. It was, for the second time, because FF lacked a function that I didn't realize was nonstandard (element.insertAdjacentElement).

No issues that I'm aware of.

Blockland Userscript Framework for the Forum (WIP)
Does the name sound bad? Heck yeah it does. But I need it to sound good when shortened, and BLUFF will accomplish that until I come up with a name that's good on both fronts.
Help me with that plz.

The purpose of this userscript is not to add any "features" to forum pages, but instead to make it significantly easier/less mind-numbing to make userscripts that do add stuff.
It is intentional that there isn't a big link for this one. Because it is far from finished, and mostly useless in its current state. But if you are the sort of person who would want to look at it anyway, here's a link. I've mentioned this project twice (here, and here).
It doesn't really do a whole lot at the moment, aside from the page type and session ID stuff I mentioned in the first post I talked about it in. One noteworthy addition is that it now provides a class to represent a user. It only automatically creates an instance of this class when you're on the page for a person's profile, and it completely fails if they don't have an avatar. I'll fix that later.
When it reaches a more useful state, I'll write up some documentation and host it on my website. In the meantime, if you wanna know exactly what it does, you'd have to just read through the source code. Actually, I might go ahead and start writing the documentation, so I don't get overwhelmed later.

Minor scripts
Here's some small stuff I didn't feel deserved a big title.

Image Hider, for Emgiell. Hides all the images in posts or PMs, with a show/hide button. Includes a setting for including signatures on PM pages.

More userscripts:
Gyt's Userscript Plaza
Steve's userscripts (kind of old, plz let me know if there's a newer thread)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 04:03:41 PM by Foxscotch »

it was also intentional that I posted this in the middle of the night. I'm not sure if I'll need it, but just in case, reserved, and stuff

it was also intentional that I posted this in the middle of the night. I'm not sure if I'll need it, but just in case, reserved, and stuff

jokes on you it's like 6PM here

statistical outlier, people who make time go in slow motion don't count

yeah but nobody posts anyway because there are like 5 people in australia

Installed the Locked Topic Quotes script. That's extremely useful.

Would it be possible to make a thread hider?

Installed the Locked Topic Quotes script. That's extremely useful.
Awesome! :D
thanks! ily
sure why not. I'll make a quick version
I intend to make a complete blocker script after the bluff thing is finished (or finished enough, at least). mostly as an example of what it can do, but it'll probably be useful in general too

one of Steve's scripts (the user block script iirc) do this

one of Steve's scripts (the user block script iirc) do this
his script seems to require that you also block the person who made the thread
I am pretty certain I saw a gif of it blocking just a thread alone, but I can't find it, and that isn't the behavior steve described in the thread, so

his script seems to require that you also block the person who made the thread
I am pretty certain I saw a gif of it blocking just a thread alone, but I can't find it, and that isn't the behavior steve described in the thread, so
I remember blocking a stickied thread but if you wanna make a thread blocker, go ahead

I decided to just check the script for myself, and steve's does in fact include a thread hiding feature
you can get it here:
http://thepotato.net/userblocker.user.js

the one he described in the thread is an older version, apparently
his is certainly a lot more polished than what I'd have made for this. I'm probably still going to eventually make that full script I mentioned earlier though, just to show off what bluff will be able to do

Locked Topic Quotes
Get it here

This one was... also requested by SWAT One.
It adds quote buttons to posts in locked topics, which add the quote for the respective post to a little text box at the bottom, so that you don't have to copy and paste them manually. This also preserves BBCode, which you wouldn't have access to if you did it manually!
Contrary to what I said in the request thread, it does work in Firefox. I just fixed it. It was, for the second time, because FF lacked a function that I didn't realize was nonstandard (element.insertAdjacentElement).

No issues that I'm aware of.
thank you; you just made my life a whole lot easier

it doesn't work with stickied threads, however

it doesn't work with stickied threads, however
oops. that's because of the names of the status images
for regular threads it's something like "normal_post_locked.gif" or "veryhot_poll_locked.gif"
buuut for stickied threads it's apparently stuff like "normal_post_locked_sticky.gif"

and the issue is that I was checking the end of the url for "locked.gif" rather than... just, checking if the url contains "locked" which I should have been doing from the beginning (idk why I didn't hush)
anyway it was an easy fix, pastebin has been updated. thanks for letting me know!