Nation Forge — Iron Desert [1863] — Beware the Ides of March

Poll

I gotta be honest, guys.  I am actually finding updating and constantly following this game to be a tremendous consumption of time and attention.  Frankly, I am seriously considering either dropping the project altogether or passing it off to anyone who I

Continue thread under new ownership.
5 (33.3%)
This thread has run its course.  Let it die.
3 (20%)
Other (explain in post)
5 (33.3%)
Abstain (Indifferent)
2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Nation Forge — Iron Desert [1863] — Beware the Ides of March  (Read 154926 times)

N   A   T   I   O   N     F   O   R   G   E
I   R   O   N     D   E   S   E   R   T

Official Nation Forge Chat    

Welcome to the Navaidan continent, which consists of mostly desert.  Your nation will be among those to join others in this scorched environment.

M   A   P

[PHYSICAL]  [TECTONIC]  [AGRICULTURAL]

T   I   M   E   S   C   A   L   E   S

Peacetime
1 IRL Day  =  1 IG Year

Wartime
1 IRL Day  =  4 IG Months

N   A   T   I   O   N   S

Player NameFlag/
Anthem
Nation NameMilitary* (MIL)Economy* (ECN)Development* (DEV)
SWAT One            Principality of Arcon        ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Juncoph            Kingdom of New Romekate        ★★★★★★★★★★
Maxwell.            Kingdom of Scotia        ★★★★★★★★★
grunterdb1951            Baytiyyad Caliphate        ★★★★★★★★★
mattsos            Holy State of Milhamiah        ★★★★★★
Kringleberg            Grand Duchy of Valbrandsvåg        ★★★★★★★★
Swat 3            Republic of Anglond        ★★★★★★★★
Operator¹            Federal Serisian States        ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Mr. Hurricane            Federalist Republics of Vlast        ★★★★★★★
CypherX            Empire of Kyrev        ★★★★★★★★★★
Plethora            United Republics of Avalonia        ★★★★★★★★★★★
Badger            Combined Emirates of Espovon        ★★★★★★★★
Snow2            Democratic People's Republic of Ruthenia        ★★★★★★★
bigcapitalbaka            Samhe Sol        ★★★★★★
Decepticon            Empire of Jyväskansa        ★★★★★★

1★ =
Hermit
2★ =
Weak Power
3★ =
Moderate Power
4★ =
Major Power
5★ =
Superpower
n☆ =
Moderator Power Scale

O   R   G   A   N   I   Z   A   T   I   O   N   S

Politically Active Organizations

Western Development Coalition
Alliance, Trade Network, Diplomatic, Research

Navaidan Commerce Organization
Trade Network, Diplomatic, Research

Politically Inactive Organizations

Agricultural Research Organization
Economic, Agrarian, Research

International Armed Merchant Licensure Foundation
international Law, Private Contracting Firm

International Organization of the Sciences
Technologic, Research

A   P   P   L   I   C   A   T   I   O   N
Just fill this out and post it.  Any fields marked with an asterisk* are required; others are optional.  Feel free to add any additional fields or modify the formatting as you see fit.  Replace the parenthesized() portion with your solution.
Code: [Select]
[center][size=20pt][b](Short Nation Name* :: America)[/b][/size]
MOTTO*

[img width=600]FLAG URL*[/img][/center]

[b]Nation Name:[/b]  (LONG NATION NAME* :: Ex: United States of America)
[b]Government Type:[/b]  (GOVERNMENT TYPE* :: Ex: Oligarchic Republic)
[b]Economic:[/b]  (ECONOMY* :: Ex: Market-Leaning)
[b]Head of State:[/b]  (HEAD OF STATE* :: Ex: Andrew Jackson)
[b]Capitol City:[/b]  (CAPITOL* :: Ex: Washington DC)
[b]Major Cities:[/b]  (MAJOR CITIES* :: Ex: New York City, Philadelphia, Boston)

[b]Demonymn:[/b]  (DEMONYMN* :: Ex: American, Americans)
[b]Population (Start ≤ 5,000,000 or contact me):[/b]  (POPULATION* :: Ex: 12,860,702)
[b]Language(s):[/b]  (LANGUAGES :: Ex: English (primary), German)
[b]Religion(s):[/b]  (RELIGIONS :: Ex: Protestant Christianity)

[b]Alliances:[/b]  (ALLIANCES*)
[b]Trade:[/b]  (TRADE DEALS)
    R   U   L   E   S
    I want this game to be fun for everyone.  So please don't be that person who ruins it for everyone.

• 1. No Omnipotence  No powergaming or fabricating ludicrous numbers and statistics out of nowhere.  Remain scientifically relevant to the time.
    • 2. No Omniscience  No metagaming.  Usually I am lenient on this, but this is the traditional style so it just goes.
    • 3. Substitution  No substitute roleplaying as anyone else unless authorized.
      • A. Owner Sovereignty  The owner of a nation is always more sovereign than any substitute.
      • B. Substitution & Stasis  A player may not go inactive for more than 7 days without declaring a stasis.  Stasis will automatically be declared after the 7th day.  Any player substituting for the owner is then ejected from control of that nation until the owner returns.
      • C. Disciplinary Restriction  If any player is undergoing or has undergone any disciplinary action, they may not be allowed to substitute or authorize a substitution.
      • D. Exchange Limit  Substitution is strictly a two-way exchange.  Each player can either substitute or be substituted.  One player can't control a conglomerate of multiple nations.
      • E. Inactivity Declaration  Substitution and stasis must be declared publicly, and must last at minimum of three days.  Continual usage of this for convenience in order to dodge Rule 9 will result in disciplinary action.
    • 4. Loss & Resignation  If you lose or resign, you may start a new nation as long as you were not involved in any serious disciplinary issues.
    • 5. Inheritance Limit  For the sake of fairness, if players want to hand off assets to a player when resigning, the max that can be gained is 10%.
      • A. Frequency Limit  Players can only donate their assets upon resignation twice.  Once the player loses or resigns, they lose an opportunity to pass their assets on.
      • B. Disciplinary Restriction  Players under disciplinary measures cannot donate land.
      • C. Neighbor Rule  Territory can only be gained if the land is either adjacent or can be connected over sea routes.
    • 6. Be Original  Please be creative and name your nation, its concepts (religions/ideas), and its constituents(people) originally.
    • 7. Map Limit  No expansion beyond the map borders.  I may have external powers out there in the future, but for now, it's just a small-scale project.
    • 8. Quiet, Please!  Do not OOCly argue in the thread.  Take it to any external source.  Just don't litter the thread with an unpleasant argument.
    • 9. Mergers & Acquisitions  Do not try to merge nations.  Nations can be vassalized.  Any form of a supra-sovereign organization that can be used to bypass rules 3, 5 and 9 is prohibited.
    • 10. No Infallibility  A player's rule is not absolute to decide the events that occur within the nation.  For instance, raising taxes to fill government coffers and saying that the people are okay with it will be viewed critically.
      • A. Secret Actions  Secret actions, with any holes in their design, are not immune to leaks.
      • B. Government/People Control  Actions in general are subject to critical review.  You act as the de jure government.  The greater your influence over the people, the more you can
    [/list][/list]
    « Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 12:02:49 AM by SWAT One »

Resource Propositions
    Submit/Review Resources

MAP PREVIEWS

Proposed Agricultural Highlights

The bolded areas are the mapped growing regions.  The non-bolded regions are the types of crops that would fall under the bolded categories if the crops are not specific.  Crops that are listed in categories may require variable amounts of irrigation.  This irrigation is to be taken into account before planting.  Ex: Though growing zones may display that high-irrigation cereals grow well around 200 miles into a desert, this accounts for land fertility.  Crops such as rice will not grow well in these conditions unless floodplains are created around a river where high-irrigation cereals can grow.

Staple Crops
    • Low-Irrigation Cereals
      • Millet
      • Sorghum
      • Barley
      • Buckwheat
    • High-Irrigation Cereals
      • Wheat
      • Oats
      • Maize
      • Rice
    • Legumes
      • Lentils
      • Beans
      • Chickpeas
      • Soybeans
      • Peanuts
    • Tree Nuts
      • Almonds
      • Cashews
      • Pecans
      • Walnuts
    • Spuds & Tubers
      • Potatoes
      • Sweet Potatoes/Yams
    Spices
    • Garlic
    • Onions & Shallots
    • Tree Spices
      • Cinnamon
      • Nutmeg
      • Cloves
    • Chili
      • Chili Peppers
    • Low-Irrigation Herbs
      • Oregano
      • Thyme
      • Sage
      • Yucca
      • Yarro
    • High-Irrigation Herbs
      • Rosemary
      • Basil
      • Lavender
      • Echinacea
      • Parsely
      • Rhubarb
      • Juniper
    • Coffee
    • Tea
    Fruits & Luxuries
    • Grapes
    • Bananas
    • Cacao
    • Cotton
    • Mulberry
    • Dates

Proposed Contemporary Subterranean Resources

The bolded areas are the mapped subterranean resources.  The non-bolded categories are the types of minerals/ores that would fall under the bolded categories if the minerals are not specific.

Stone
    • Marble
    • Granite
    Ores
    • Ferroalloys
      • Iron
      • Cobalt
      • Nickel
    • Gold
    • Silver
    • Copper
    • Tin
    • Zinc
    Fossil Fuels
    • Coal

Proposed Future Subterranean Resources

The bolded areas are the mapped subterranean resources.  The non-bolded categories are the types of minerals/ores that would fall under the bolded categories if the minerals are not specific.

Ores
    • Aluminum/Bauxite
    • Titanium
    • Tungsten
    • Silicon & Germanium
    Fissile
    • Thorium
    • Uranium-Plutonium
    Fossil Fuels
    • Oil
    • Natural Gas

« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 02:02:42 AM by SWAT One »

P   R   I   N   C   I   P   A   L   I   T   Y      
      o f
      A  R  C  O  N

"Through tests and trials, we rise.  Through adversity, we excel."

Government    

Head of State
      Prince Önecht Jaema III (Passed)
      Prince Önecht Jaema IV

Minister of Labor
      Sir Gunther L. Magnus

Minister of Finance
      Lord Tristan Babin

Parliamentary Chairman
      Sir Saville Lamontagne

Nation Name:  Principality of Arcon
      Government Type:  Parliamentary Principality
      Economic:  Market-Leaning (79% Market)
      Capitol City:  Auregge
      Major Cities:  Auregge, Oydvyn, Côte Verte, Porte de l'Est, Regnée
      Settlements/Colonies:  Collineville, E. Auligne River

Demography    

Demonymn:  Arconian
      Population:  9,703,628 (as of 3/15)
      Official Languages:  Flemish (46%), French (39%)
      Other Minor Languages:Sonodin (11%), English (4%)
      Religions:  Protestant (85%), Catholic (15%)
      Comparable Culture:  Belgian, French

Diplomacy    

Direct Alliances:  Wienza, Avalonia
      Independent Trade:  Conservatia/Baytiyyad, Anglond, Kyrev
      Treaty Organizations:  Navaidan Commerce Organization
      Mutual Embassies:  Avalonia, Wienza, Izlandia, Conservatia/Baytiyyad, Seris, Kyrev
      Protectorates:  Izlandia: Lookout of Aegia
      Strategic Partners:  Conservatia/Baytiyyad

First Oydvyn Naval Conference
          Original Members:
       Arcon, Conservatia, Seris, Anglond, Vlast, Washk, Valbrandsvåg, Milhamiah
          Authors:  Arcon, Vlast
      • A common system of signing and flag-bearing be used at sea, river and lake travel be used to communicate.  It is to be communicated by a flag-wielder as well as by flags raised on the mast.
      • The flag wielder is to communicate messages using a variety of signals by adjusting colored flags.  The nature of flag communication must be a language all its own, mutually understandable between any two ships of differing language.
      • The mast-raised flags indicate the ship's primary intention.  Instead of running up a white flag, which submits the vessel to search and seizure, two new flags are to be established:  One for trade negotiations, and one for negotiations in general.

Policies    

Maritime Trading:
      • As long as no entity has ill will for Arcon, it's government, its citizens, et cetera, trade will be permitted at a general tariff rate of 13% for non-allies, and 9% for allies on all goods with exception to—
      • Wares such as gunpowder, shot, ammunition, armor, and guns of any kind are to be taxed at 13% for non-allies.
      • Slavery is banned in Arcon, and any ship bearing slaves to enter Arconian waters or to pass through its ports will be promptly turned away without question.

Culture    

Coming soon!

Military    

Total:  230,000

(Standing and reserve forces are on rotation to ensure each group is properly-trained.)

Royal Arconian Army
      Royal Arconian Navy
      Local
      i = Infantry, c = Cavalry, a = Artillery, e = Also functions as extraterritorial force

• Aurelles/Ouest Division
        • 3rd Regiment (i)
        • 4th Regiment (i)
        • 5th Regiment (c)
        • 6th Regiment (a)
      • Oydelles/Nord Division
        • 7th Regiment (i)
        • 8th Regiment (a)
        • 9th Regiment (c, e)
        • 10th Regiment (i)
      • Rieulland/Sud Division
        • 11tt Regiment (i)
        • 12th Regiment (i, e)
        • 13th Regiment (c, e)
        • 14th Regiment (a, e)
      • Frontière/Est Division
        • 15tt Regiment (i, e)
        • 16th Regiment (i, e)
        • 17th Regiment (c, e)
        • 18th Regiment (c, e)
        • 19th Regiment (a, e)

Extraterritorial and Royal Guard
      e = Extraterritorial, r = Royal Guard

• Capital Regiment (r)
        • 1st Royal Infantry Battalion (r)
        • 2nd Royal Cavalry Battalion (r)
      More later.

Notable Works & Persons    

The Modern Economy
              by:  Sir Gunther L. Magnus

Within The Modern Economy, Magnus first calls the attention to the world's shifting economic foci, chiefly on the progress and further potential in steam power, the emergence of mechanical apparatuses as a means of significantly efficient production, and the potency and permeability of foreign trade when handled well or poorly.  In the middle of the book, focus is turned toward classifying sectors of the economy, which when coupled with foreign trade in a region where coastal economies vary differently from economies in the interior, predicts the role of nations ahead, that each becomes reliant upon one another.  The interior, which needs food, water, and lumber is most often able to provide raw mineral resources.  The nations along the coast are able to produce these to fulfil this need, and additionally are able to refine and manufacture goods using mineral resources.  In nations along riverways within the interior, a mixed economy is favorable, combining mineral extraction, farming, and refining, however, none of these traits could ever be done to complete efficiency, due to the limited amount of water available at any time.

The Modern Economy elaborates the following terms, Domestic Complex and Foreign Complex, which are entire industrial sectors, or the mass relevant agrarian and industrial sectors combined.  Likewise, each is divided into Domestic/Foreign Industrial/Agrarian/Extraction Complex, or DIC, DEC, DAC, FIC, FEC, and FAC.  The balance of these, as well as the careful moderation of these sectors leads to either economic success and stability, or economic downfall and the permience of predatory foreign industry.

Biography:        Gunther Luther Magnus was born in Burelleis a suburb outside of Oydvyn, Arcon to merchant and lawyer Karl Phillip Magnus and mother Marie Williamsen Magnus on April 2, 1797.  His father and uncle, both tradesmen, often took him on his business trips abroad, where the young Gunther developed his political and economic point of view.  By 1814, he had his own practice as a lawyer, where he had gained great success.  His published works in law are used today in Arcon's law schools, and are regarded to be fine material, however, it wasn't until his publishing of The Modern Economy in 1824 that gained him acclaim internationally.  Following this work, in 1841, after the death of the late legendary statesman and Minister of Labour Lord Edward Guiles, Magnus was elected to the position and remains in office to this day.

Lord Edward Guiles
              Statesman, Land speculator, Economist, former Minister of Labour (1830-1844)

Biography:        Edward Guiles was born as the second son to Lord Fillipe B. Guilles and Danielle Rieutort-Guiles on September 23, 1760.  After his father died on February 15, 1824, his limited inheritance granted him a small amount of land.  His thrifty decisions and later discovery of iron on his land led him to amass a fortune four times as large as his older brother Gaston H. Guilles, despite him having six times the land.  Eventually, Edward acquired his brother's land following a card game that pit each brothers' land against the other's.  In working this, he created a greater fortune from it than his brother.  As Arcon made its acquisitions south and southeast, Guiles made investments in fertile land and bought out land that later became some of Arcon's premiere coffee and cacao plantation land.  His fortunes gained him recognition throughout the nation.  In 1830, he was appointed by parliament to become the Minister of Agriculture and Industry (Now Minister of Labour).  His keen economic insight, particularly on the "proper conditioning of a middle class" Prince Önecht Jaema III granted him the title of "Count" in 1835.  He died on July 1, 1844, leaving behind a legacy of smart economic conditioning and fairness toward unions, but also fairness to business.  In 1845, a monument was created in Capital Square on the green opposing the Ministry of Labour to commemorate his life and legacy.
      [/list][/list]
      « Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 03:10:38 PM by SWAT One »

Yttria
      Wit is weak.

Nation Name:  Yttria
      Government Type:  Biarchy + Oligarchic Council
      Economic:  Completely Laissez Faire
      Head of State:  Overseer Marchio and Les Doren
      Capitol City:  Mendelev
      Major Cities:  Mendelev, Pluton, Vanadia, Rhodia

Demonymn:  Ytt(s)
      Population: 456,329
      Language(s):  Dutch
      Religion(s): Periodion

Alliances:  (ALLIANCES*)
      Trade:  (TRADE DEALS)
      « Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 03:38:56 PM by Oasis »

K y r e v
      S t r e n g t h  ,  D u t y  ,  H o n o r

Nation Name: Empire of Kyrev
      Demonym: Kyrevan, Kyrevans
      Government Type: Absolute monarchy
      Political Stance: Conservative
      Economy: Market-leaning
      Head of State: Kaiser Wilhelm I
      Chancellor: Wilhelm Gerhard Graf von Spee
      Capitol City: Königsberg
      Major Cities: Bärnau, Dömitz, Rhens, Bresden, Trier, Meternich

Population: 12,118,351
      Language: Germanic
      Religion: Secular government, 84% Protestant Christian
      brown townogous culture: Prussia, Nile and Euphrates states

Geography: The lands of Kyrev are mostly flat farms with a few small hills, surrounded by the ever-expansive desert. In a few areas there exist woodland, hardy and stout trees adapted to living in the sun-drenched steppe. Near Königsberg, the ground slopes upwards lazily, culminating in a slight hill above the Rhön and her tributary, the Lehr. In the north, the land rises up out of the desert into rocky outcroppings and iron mountains.
      Climate: Comparable to a more mild Nile. Days are often quite warm, while nights are surprisingly cold. During the 8 summer months, the skies are very clear, while during the 4 winter months, clouds and storms can be occasional. The large rivers help keep the temperature a little more moderate near them.
      Agriculture: Wheat, cotton, lentils, millet and other grains are common crops. Near irrigated lands, olive trees are common. They produce a smaller but more numerous crop, more suitable for oil than consumption. Peppermint, garlic, tomatoes, onions and various peppers are grown in respectable quantities, for seasoning. The almighty chickpea is king, found almost everywhere in quantity, though wheat threatens to overthrow it.
      Cuisine: Soups and stews made with the various spices, vegetables and grains are common meals. Fish taken from the river compliments the meals, most typically for an evening meal consisting of a vegetable stew with fish, served with bread and hummus. Olive oil is used in cooking extensively. Goat is an occasional meal, though they are typically used for their milk and cheese.
      Architecture: The gap between high culture and commoner architecture is immediately apparent to any visitors. In the cities, buildings are made of concrete from limestone and sandstone, and polished smooth, giving them the appearance of settled honey. Buildings here, especially upper class homes, are often rather short but very long and wide, built in a style that invokes the empires of antiquity. Rounded, oblong pillars are common sites in the façade, and windows are often enormous rectangular structures. Due to little rainfall, most buildings have flat roofs and lack many of the arches and steep angles elsewhere. The palaces and opera houses are almost a mirror opposite, made of a dark grey cement and built to the times, with large, tall and square buildings saturated with complex mouldings and sharp lines and angles. Here, peaked roofs are common, though made entirely for show. This stands in sharp contrast to the homes of the commoners, living outside of city centers or on farms. Outer city homes are often practical affairs, square with two floors and made of mostly unpolished concrete. Large sunrooms are quite common, with many windows and skylights. In the farms, many still follow the traditional way and build their homes from rough cut sandstone. The even greater lack of rain here means many houses lack glass windows. However, due to their self reliance, many houses have roof gardens, with food and plants of all sorts draped across them. This sort of style is becoming increasingly popular among the wealthy elite, if being a bit more sophisticated than its origin.
      Areas of interest: The city of Königsberg is the governmental, military and cultural capital of the country and region. In its expanse you will find everything from prestigious military academies, modern architectural feats, gleaming opera houses, luxurious palaces and everything in between. It is surrounded and maintained by a large amount of farms and minor towns that feed the massive city. The city of Bärnau, in the north, is the manufacturing capital of the country, owing to its close proximity to iron and trade with the East. Dömitz, to the southwest, serves as the gate to Kyrev from the west. It holds the largest port as well as most economic power outside of the capital itself. To the east lies Rhens, the smallest of Kyrev's major cities. At the eastern edge of the city lies the magnificent Eroberer Statue, a 40 meter tall copper medieval king with his hand extended in a stopping gesture, the largest in the known world. The city of Bresden at the mouth of the eastern river serves as an important checkpoint, both trade-wise and militarily. Its enormous fortifications have lead to its nickname of the Fortress on the Rhön. The city of Trier, located on a small lake a ways away from the Great Lake, is the western manufacturing hub as well as the main source of fish in Kyrev. The northern city of Meternich, near Kyrev's oil reserves, stands as the newest addition to the country's major cities. It exists as the trade, governmental and cultural capital of the frontier-like north.

Ongoing conflicts: N/A
      Coalitions: N/A
      Alliances: Federal Serisian States, New Romekate
      Defensive Pacts: New Romekate
      Non-Aggression Pacts: New Romekate
      Protectorates: N/A
      Trade: Federal Serisian States, Combined Emirates of Espovon, New Romekate

National history: Kyrev's written history begins in 500 BC, when roaming traders from the Great Lake militarily settled Kyrvan, a precursor state centered around what would become Königsberg. It controlled trade east, down the rivers and into the expanse of desert. Frequent wars with the plethora of city-states and bandit cultures in the region as well as its status as one of the more stable entities would shape its culture for the rest of its lifespan. Kyrvan's eventual defeat to a coalition of tribes would plant the seeds for the modern Kyrevan state, which rebelled and conquered the surrounding territory, finally bringing order to the dozens of micro-nations that saturated the area, around the same time Grúzia had done the same to the east.

Throughout its history, the river states have come into constant conflict with Milhamiah, which controlled the lake, and trade from the east. Twice, regional coalitions had gone to war with them, only to perish to their superior economy. On the other side of the lake, the city-states that would become Seris had always maintained a friendly relationship with Kyrev, owing to its more tolerant handling of religions and avoidance of extreme despotism. In modern times, this has translated to an official alliance.

The modern state of Kyrev has been stable and at peace for some time. Its military, originally little more than berserkers, has been reformed into a respectable and indeed quite excellent army. Stability has allowed culture to flourish, with impressive opera houses and architecture in the large cities. Industrialization has brought many from farms to the cities, and farming with modern tools has allowed crop harvests to increase exponentially.

The short war with the Milhamites culminated in a crushing victory for Kyrev, who for the first time in its history gained territory on the Great Lake. The ex-Milhamite state was dissolved and incorporated into Kyrev as new territory. The previous symbols of Milhamite power and its empire were removed, and Protestant missionaries began the long and arduous task of converting the citizens.

The rise of the Sunyong Empire to the east presented a threat to Kyrevan sovereignty in the region, leading to tensions and an eventual conflict when Kyrev stepped in to aid its ally Grúzia-Nec. Though other powers interfered, Grúzia-Nec and Kyrev were successful, ending that conflict decisively and bringing peace back to the region for a short while.

A period of unrest in the country, known as the Troubles, divided the country among opposing interests. The death of the Kaiser nearly plunged the country into turmoil before his heir, the young Wilhelm I, used his powerful oratory skills to reunite the bickering lords. With his now very popular Chancellor, Wilhelm Gerhard Graf von Spee, they smooth many of the issues that plagued the elite and even the poor.

Almost immediately following this, the Empire of New Romekate invaded Kyrev's neighbors and allies, Grúzia-Nec, with the help of Arcon. The Heer deployed north, striking a savage blow to the advancing Arconian army, forcing its retreat. However, it was too late for Grúzia-Nec, who had been blitzed back to its western territories. Many of its civilians and officials fled to Kyrev, who signed a hurried non-aggression pact with the Romekati. Total disaster had been averted, but it exposed flaws across Kyrev.

The solution came swiftly. Wilhelm's sweeping reforms in economy, government and the military transform the declining state and usher in a new era of prosperity, strength and virtue. His traditionalist views mark a return in the conservative values of the state, where nuclear family, loyalty, honour and strength are celebrated. Nationalist movements spring up in support of the young Kaiser, much encouraged by the Chancellor.

Military: A long history of professional mercenaries and constant raids have made war an important part of Kyrev's culture. She boasts perhaps the most well drilled infantry in the region, and an impressive cavalry wing. Reforms for mobilization, among other things, under a famous Chief of Staff, as well as multiple other reforms from the Minister of War meant that among the western states, Kyrev's military organization is second to none. The rigorous and extensive officer and junior officer training allows only the brightest tacticians and strategists to lead Kyrev's armies.

Overall Wehrmacht strength: 540,000 men

Heer: 450,000 musketeers in 45 regiments of foot, 9 battalions per regiment with 1 administrative battalion
      -->Artillerie: 5,000 men manning 625 pieces of various size, from mortars to 14lb artillery and everything in between
      -->Kavallerie: 75,000 cavalry in 15 regiments of horse, 10 battalions per regiment

Kriegsmarine: 8,000 sailors on around 100 river barges of various size. The navy is small, used to protect trade barges from raiders and enforce laws.
      -->Marinesoldat: 2,000 men, stationed on naval ships.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 03:59:07 PM by CypherX »

Sonodine
      (TO BE CREATED)

Nation Name: Republic of Sonodine
      Government Type: Broken
      Economic:  Broken
      Head of State: None
      Capitol City:  Sonodine City
      Major Cities:  Sonodine City, Shasta.
      Demonymn: Sonodinean, Sonodites
      Population: 2,500,000
      Language(s):  Sonodin, Romekite and Inensian
      Religion(s): Old Norse, Christian institutions are tolerated.
      Alliances:  Vassal under Romek-Inen.
      Trade:  None.
      Ongoing conflicts :
      doesn't exist anymore absorbed by new romekate
      « Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 06:49:45 PM by bigcapitalbaka »

(States of Nami*)
      That corner of the planet that refuses to die.

Nation Name:  (The Desert States of Namo)
      Government Type:  (Republican Monarch)
      Economic:  (Traditional Economic System)
      Head of State:  (Yarveni Nami)
      Capitol City:  (Nami)
      Major Cities:  (Horven.)

Population: (5,000,000)
      Language(s):  (English (primary), German, Chinese)
      Religion(s):  (Protestant Christianity)

Alliances:  (None)
      Trade:  (None)
      « Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 10:29:22 AM by Agent Legit 22 »

« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 01:09:47 PM by Nizza Deutchsen Man »

i like how everyone insists on starting out at the maximum starting population limit

ok here we go
      Valbrandsvåg
      May our ships forever cut through the sea.
      Military Naval Ensign
      Civilian/Trading Naval Ensign

Nation Name: Grand Duchy of Valbrandsvåg
      Government Type:  Oligarchic hereditary monarchy
      Economic: Trade based
      Head of State:  Valbrandr V
      Regional capital:  Thorsborg
      Major Cities: Vestafjord, Mørkdal

Population: 5,500,000
      Language(s): Norwegian, Danish
      Religion(s): Norse
      Denonym: Valbrandian
      Comparable Culture: Scandinavian

Alliances: N/A
      Trade: Seris, Jyväskansa
      Military: ca. 275,000 men in total.
      « Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 11:06:44 AM by Kringleberg »

Accepted.  The only condition is that you draw specifically on the map where you want to start.
      Got the message while I was typing.  I'll be editing you in now.

Accepted.  I just need a starting location, and you can start.

i like how everyone insists on starting out at the maximum starting population limit
      Because everyone wants to be the first world.  This has been true since the beginning of Nation RPs.  The current population is manageable, but pretty much requires that your society starts out as mostly agrarian.  In this environment, hiking up your population too much will also hurt you, so there's now a practical reason to balance it.

The Arconic Parliament and the Prince pass a law to help improve water programs by improving the nation's irrigation systems and wells.

Also, two things:  1) If you guys could add demonymns to your nation posts, that would be great.  2) I'm going to guess that the answer is overwhelmingly yes, but do we want rivers?

GREATER NYN
      FOR A GREATER WORLD

Nation Name: Holy States of Greater Nyn
      Government Type:  Elective Monarchy
      Economic:  Traditional
      Head of State:  Emporer Lutz of Aereth
      Capitol City:  Reflum
      Major Cities:  Kean, Wineson,

Population:  4,849,000
      Language(s):  German
      Religion(s):  Catholic
      Comparable Culture: German, Prussian
      Demonym: Collectively: Nynian; Smaller Demonyns vary by region.

Alliances:  Scotia
      Trade:  Izlandia

Navy - 48 Ships

- 4 Frigates
       - 10 Galleys
       - 16 Clippers
       - 16 Cutters

- 2 steamships (non-combatant)

Delegations:

Royal Navy -
       - 2 Frigates
       - 8 Clippers
       - 8 Galleys

North Strait -
       - 1 Frigate
       - 1 Galley
       - 8 Clippers

South Strait -
       - 1 Frigate
       - 1 Galley
       - 8 Clippers

[/s]
      « Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 05:11:30 PM by Waru »

New Romekate
      Throw down the sword, for it is no longer sharp.
      Anthem (official)
      Anthem (popular)

Provincial map

Atenisiaballs

Nation Name: the Kingdom of New Romekate
      Government Type: Constitutional Monarchy
      Economic: Guided Free Market
      Head of State:  Öln Svölgnir von Säteförinen, Batter of Quadrupeds (age 44 as of 1851)
      Capitol City: Säteförinen
      Major Cities: Säteförromek, Uppgång, Dalavhopp, Frisfören, Naran, Sonodine City, Shasta

Population: 20,000,000
      Language(s): High Romekati
      State Religion: Borchist Christianity
      Recognized Religions: Protestantism (7%), Old Norse (4%), Inensi Norse (1%), Borchism (88%)
      Comparable Culture: Varangians, Germanic Prussians, Swedes, Koreans, Japanese, Hungarians, French

Demonyms
      National: Romekate
      Cultural: Romekati

Alliances: none
      Vassals: none
      Trade: Arcon
      Policies

General Overview:
      In 400 A.D., the legendary tribal despotism of the Romekati peoples was destroyed by incompetent rulers attempting to insert themselves into the Norse pantheon of Gods. They declared themselves the kingdom of Inen, and attempted to force all Romekati provinces to convert. Already threatened by the clutches of the far off, but even farther reaching Abrahamic religions, the southeastern provinces of the Romekati rebelled. They would later become the Romekites. The Inensi nobility culturally wiped the traditional capital of Säteförromek, renaming it Säteförinen. In response to this, the rebels claimed Frihetstad as their capital, renaming it and proclaiming it as the new Säteförromek.

Lacking much of the Romekati land suitable for agriculture, the Kingdom of Inensi rapidly entered a spiral of internal conflict and decentralization, rendering them unable to subjugate the Romekites. In 499, the Kingdom of Inensi succumbed to another fragmentation, splitting it into several different feudal tribes. However, despite their conflict, they adamantly followed Inensi Norse, and were willing to cooperate with eachother if it meant repelling the Romekites.

The Romekites themselves lacked the manufacturing power needed to develop a military capable of retaking the Romekati heartland... Until 1642. The Inensi, struggling to ward off Christianity, began reverting to Old Norse, placing themselves within a state of religion-fueled civil war. The Romekites declared a holy war, joining their new Inensi brethren in ending the sovereignty of the Inensi god-pretenders once and for all, thus founding the Kingdom of the the Romekites and the Inensi Tribes.

They claim Säteförinen as the capital of Romekate, as the Inensi had once attempted to develop it with all of their resources in a frail attempt to centralize themselves. Furthermore, it is the historical capital of Old Romekate. However, it was not renamed to Säteförromek due to the now-legitimate claims by the Inensi on its culture.

Recently, New Romekate arose from the ashes of civil war, ending the feudal ways of Romek-Inen. With this, they also bring enlightenment in the form of new religion: Borchism. Created by Erik Borch and Öln Svölgnir, it is a mix of Christianity and Norse.

Today, New Romekate stands proud and patriotic.

Military

Regimentslied
      Marsch Musik

Total: 450,000

Rusa Kavalleri: 20,000 strong.

The Rusa Kavalleri are the heroes, both sung and unsung, of the Romekati. Their horses are some of the finest animals among the desert steppes. Equipped with the sharpest weaponry and tasked with the heaviest training, these proud warriors are boastful of their banner, zealous in their beliefs, and admirable in combat. They are the defining force in the Romekati military, demonstrating the efficient yet simple strength of the once-nomadic Romekati peoples. Bred from both Inensi and Romekite tactics, they've been equipped with the best of both worlds. Armed with whatever fits their mission, be it long guns to short muskets to simple sabres, they have the training and the skill.

Heavy Cavalry: 30,000 strong.

Romekati heavy cavalry are comparatively lightly armed and armored when you look at other nations, but there is a method to the madness. With horses bred in the desert sun and mountain moon, and men forced to endure the brink of starvation in their training, these troops are extremely resilient to attrition in the dunes of the desert. Such discipline is expected from a nation born from a riverless desert mountain. Armed with relatively long firearms, these troops will become lancers when they are unable to - or have already fired - their musket. They are also equipped with sabres. They inherit the Inensi willpower that allowed the tribes to survive in the mountains with little to no farmable land, although they still require rations on campaign, of course.

Light Cavalry: 60,000 strong.

The light cavalry of New Romekate are almost comparable to civilians on horseback... assuming you ignore their training. Like the heavy cavalry, they are expected to - and forced - to endure near starvation in their training to prep them for the harsh grip of the desert. They inherit the Romekati resistance to the desert sun in their tactics, always finding a way to avoid dying of thirst. Assuming they aren't in the middle of a steppe with no tools or time left. They are also equipped with sabers and muskets, although with a greater focus on skirmishes and speed and a lesser focus on melee and endurance on the battlefield. The elite Rusa Kavalleri are still the dominant option for their speed and strategy in a skirmish, though.

Grenadiers: 160,000

Typical well-equipped foot soldiers. Not much to say about them.

Jägers: 140,000

Standard skirmish infantry.

Defense Artillery: 6,000 cannons, 36,000 men

Exceedingly powerful and as a result exceedingly slow weapons, these 50 lbers have no place on the offense. However, they are the bane of a siege's existence. They make the desert mountain nights go from a cold tundra's grasp to an erupting volcano's wrath. Such is the cost of attacking New Romekate.

Offense Artillery: 2,500 cannons, 20,000 men

Horse-drawn 20lbers optimal for sieges and general utility when the utility is destruction and malice.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 04:24:50 PM by Juncoph »

Scotia

Flower of Scotia
      No one provokes me without impunity.

Nation Name:  Kingdom of Scotia
      Government Type:  Constitutional Monarchy
      Demonymn: Scottish
      Economic:  Mercantile, Trade-Focused
      Head of State:  King William McMannon
      Capitol City:  Dunvar
      Major Cities:  Kintyre, Skye, Dunvar

Population:  2,160,033
      Language(s):  English (Primary), Scots (Secondary)
      Religion(s):  Reformed
      Comparable Culture:  Scottish

Alliances: Izlandia
      Trade: Izlandia, Angloland, Washk, Conservatia, Wienza, Gruzia-nec, Avalonia, Jyväskansa
      Treaty Organizations: Navaidan Commerce Organization

Military:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQFqSnKcbig
      https://youtu.be/BUx8ntCzo-w

16k infantry
      20k cavalry
      8k artillery
      Scotia's total standing army: 42k

4 Heavy Ships
      10 Frigates
      8 Galleys
      8 Transport Ships
      Scotia's total navy size: 40 ships

Great Works:
      The Modern Society
      « Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 02:44:46 PM by Maxwell. »

Milhamiah
      Through destruction comes peace

Field Ensign
      (Carried by flag-bearers during line battles and such)

Field Ensign (Holy Orders)

Naval Ensign (Military)

Naval Ensign (Civilian/Mercantile)

Nation Name:  Holy State of Milhamiah
      Government Type:  Theocracy
      Economic:  Full Market
      Head of State:  Rabbi Barak Hirsch
      Capitol City:  Shimrath
      Major Cities:  Zanjariyyah, Hadithah, and Shimrath
      Relatable culture: Jewish
      National Anthems: Hatikva

Population (Start ≤ 5,000,000 or contact me):  274,281 people
      Language(s):  Hebrew (Primary,) Arabic (Secondary,) English (Minority,)
      Religion(s):  Judaism (Primary,) Regular Christianity (Secondary,) Sunni (Minority,)

Alliances: None
      Trade: None

General Overview:

The Holy Cities of Milhamiah have been constructed on faith and the circle of the Israelite peoples. They were founded as some of the first Semitic nations in the year 792 and have lived through multiple wars coming and going. Founded by the Solomon family, their have been multiple generations of the 'children with rights stated in the Torah and by God.' There has only been 2 usurpers throughout their history, all failing.

The Milhamian military is waving in passion and discipline to enforce their faith on other nations, and so does the navy of the Great Lake in Shimrath. Rivers make it easy to pass and go to the Kyrev and the western coasts. The priest's order is filled with crusaders willing to fight to protect their people, and the priests and rabbis themselves are cheerful in their tasks.

The economy has always been waiting at the state of a free, full market as the Solomon family has no need to overlook it. The merchants come from distant lands to the south, and being the center of the Jewish faith, attracts many populations and peoples of Judaism.

In 1824, Milhamiah was vassalized by Kyrev and since has been demilitarized.

Capital: Khulda
      Secondary Town: Jurdeiḥ

Military

Army - 30,000 with 1,600 artillery
      Reserves - 10,000 w/ 300 artillery
      Total: 40,000 w/ 1,900 artillery

Government Force (Defense composition) - 30,000
       - Backup Reserve - 10,000 [Inactive]

Navy - 55 Ships

Fleet Oren - 25 Ships
       - Yehudi Maksimov 86 Gun, Ship of the Line, Flagship
       - Dan Class [9 Ships] 74 Gun, Galley