/blogland: Planr tries to make soup and fails

Author Topic: /blogland: Planr tries to make soup and fails  (Read 1315 times)

So i've been sick with a sinus infection/cold/sore throat lately and been constantly needing hot drinks and spicy soups to help clear out my system.

So today I decide to try fixing my own soup for lunch, starting out with this:

Afterwards, I added a few things in the hopes of making it better:
  • 3 chopped up whole tomatoes
  • 1 teaspoon ground chipotle
  • 1/8th cup of hot sauce
  • A bunch of shredded deli-style mozzarella cheese
  • Some salted turkey lunchmeat from my fridge

I mixed it all together, hoping the things I'd added would be tasty. Unfortunately I couldn't be more wrong. I made a huge mistake by adding 1 1/2 cups of water to the mix, which diluted down the soup way too much and ruined the taste. The tomatoes were way too numerous and they became soggy. The cheese didn't melt completely and turned to the consistency of sticky used chewing gum and sank to the bottom of the pot. The turkey tastes way out of place and conflicts with the taste of the corn chowder.

The only ingredients that really worked well was the ground chipotle and hot sauce, though IMO I added way too much hot sauce.

The end concoction has looked like this, and i'll tell you, it's disgusting. It tastes and feels disgusting when I try to eat it. A lot of the cheese and other stuff in the soup sank down in the pot and pretty much stuck to the bottom and burned.

/discuss cooking/food n stuff
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 01:02:51 PM by Planr »

I'm not really sure you can put cheese in soup?
I wouldn't have imagined soft cheese at any rate, since it melts differently.

I'm not really sure you can put cheese in soup?
I wouldn't have imagined soft cheese at any rate, since it melts differently.
what the forget
cheese soup is amazing

i always make the same mistake with adding water & stuff

that doesn't seem like the best option for soup when you are sick. looks really unhealthy.

go to your nearest Vietnamese restaurant and order some chicken noodle soup. if its to-go, chances are they will put the broth, noodles, and chicken in separate containers. they will also most likely add different herbs such as parsley, mint, and some other vegetables. ask for jalapenos too, it will definitely clear your sinus up.

depending on how they made it, it's usually a much better & healthier alternative than just eating soup from a can.

sources: was sick

Add cheese only if you are eating a soup that uses tomato soup. And maybe just use something like supermarket cheddar.

that doesn't seem like the best option for soup when you are sick. looks really unhealthy.

go to your nearest Vietnamese restaurant and order some chicken noodle soup. if its to-go, chances are they will put the broth, noodles, and chicken in separate containers. they will also most likely add different herbs such as parsley, mint, and some other vegetables. ask for jalapenos too, it will definitely clear your sinus up.

depending on how they made it, it's usually a much better & healthier alternative than just eating soup from a can.

sources: was sick
True,just take vietnamese soup from a restaurant if you want soup or you are sick.

Make rhamen noodle soup next time

Add cheese only if you are eating a soup that uses tomato soup. And maybe just use something like supermarket cheddar.
True,just take vietnamese soup from a restaurant if you want soup or you are sick.
Or get some beef pho. That stuff is amazing.

When I get a sore throuat, I eat mint leaves and drink lots of mint tea. Clears it right up. Strong mint halls (the black ones) are very good as well.

Source: prone to sinucitis once per year.

you need to learn how to make a good cheese soup

I made homemade chicken soup the other night and it was fantastic