Author Topic: /blogland: Neck feels horrible after football game, cant sleep  (Read 2399 times)

uh whiplash by chance?

no idea

if it doesn't stop in the morning go see a chiropractor

first mistake, bringing medical issues to the forums

second mistake, the forums

I hope you placed an icepack on the injury, but its best to ask your parents about this rather than the BLF, we're not doctors (except Destroyer).

Quit football forever

maybe take a muscle relaxant? that'll knock you right out, trust me

play more football and get your shoulder slammed into your neck a couple more times.

it worked for squidward.

I'm not going to give any particularly strong advice, because neck pain from injury can be a serious issue, and I don't know enough about it to recommend anything specific.

I do however recommend you see a doctor asap if the pain is persisting, even if it's just persisting tomorrow or the day after.
Here's some advice regarding neck pain (although notably not regarding pain caused by a physical injury).

Just woke up and it is starting to hurt even more

Sounds like whiplash. The pain can be delayed.
I'd try for a doctors appointment if I was you. See if it is whiplash or anything more serious and get you some painkillers.

It is totally possible you could have injured something. How bad is your pain on a 1/10 scale? Experiencing any numbness or tingling in your hands or feet? Are you able to move it at all? (If it hurts to much to move or you encounter resistance don't force it, see a doctor)

Is your neck all that's bothering you? No back or head injury?

Normally I wouldn't be concerned because as dooble posted neck pain is pretty common and is usually muscular caused by sleeping in a weird position. You can be looking at a different type of injury though when it is caused by a traumatic injury. It could be something with the spinal disks, bone, nerves, muscles. Sadly only imaging equipment can tell.

first mistake, bringing medical issues to the forums
Excuse you.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 04:19:28 AM by Destroyer »

It is totally possible you could have injured something. How bad is your pain on a 1/10 scale? Experiencing any numbness or tingling in your hands or feet? Are you able to move it at all? (If it hurts to much to move or you encounter resistance don't force it, see a doctor)

Is your neck all that's bothering you? No back or head injury?

Normally I wouldn't be concerned because as dooble posted neck pain is pretty common and is usually muscular caused by sleeping in a weird position. You can be looking at a different type of injury though when it is caused by a traumatic injury. It could be something with the spinal disks, bone, nerves, muscles. Sadly only imaging equipment can tell.
1/10: 9/10
Numbness: No
Movable: Yes, but hurts
Back/head injury: No, just neck
Bold print: I just said in OP it was because of a football injury, I was pushed down and my shoulder slammed into my neck

Today I was making a comeback against my brothers team, I got a good gain, and when I was pushed down, my left shoulder SLAMMED into my neck and now it hurts like crap. It is stopping me from falling asleep. Anything I should do? This really sucks, even just moving my neck hurts
If you are concerned about neck pain

Do not give blow jobs

Leme tel Ya bout neck pain

But ya sugest doctr visit

1/10: 9/10
Numbness: No
Movable: Yes, but hurts
Back/head injury: No, just neck
Bold print: I just said in OP it was because of a football injury, I was pushed down and my shoulder slammed into my neck
Go
See
a
Doctor.
Stuff like neck injuries can be really dangerous.

op's neck in a nutshell: