Author Topic: Please Act in Potentially Stopping the TPP  (Read 910 times)

This links to an online form with a message warning against the extraordinarily predatory and restrictive Trans-Pacific Partnership created by the Electronic Frontier Foundation that will be emailed to your local representatives upon being filled out. Please fill this out and notify others of its existence, as it already has little to no notoriety. Thank you to any member of the Blockland Forums who takes the time to complete this form.

What happens when I email the form? Also, will I get a phone-call or something?

the only people who want to stop tpp are konami

Hasnt the senate already passed this cancer?

Hasnt the senate already passed this cancer?
Nope. Hasn't been passed yet, it can still be stopped. Also, the next president could potentially stop it even after it goes through.

Seriously, the TPP is a really bad thing. I sincerely hope it gets put away.

Actually, the worst part of the TPP doesn't even regard digital content. It'll hold patents for drugs over companies that would normally create cheaper generics, which will vastly decrease the amount of affordable generics available and will endanger people who need those medicines due to prices.

vote for BERNIE and he will stop it
BERNIE SANDERS FOR THE WIN

Actually, the worst part of the TPP doesn't even regard digital content. It'll hold patents for drugs over companies that would normally create cheaper generics, which will vastly decrease the amount of affordable generics available and will endanger people who need those medicines due to prices.
It also allows companies to sue countries for imposing regulations. Imagine tobacco companies, oil companies, big banks, ISPs, everyone suing the US for regulating them. All of the hard work done to keep them in line is completely gone.

move to Canada
Canada has already signed the TPP, or something akin to that before actually signing it. Unlike a lot of previous stupid things happening in the US, the TPP is a trade agreement that spans across about 13 different countries. So it's really not a US-exclusive issue.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 09:56:09 PM by Pecon »

tbh this seems like a bigger problem to other countries aside from Canada and New Zealand, who seem to be benefiting? I may be reading a lot of incorrect sources though, never mind.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 10:00:12 PM by Ducky duck »

It also allows companies to sue countries for imposing regulations. Imagine tobacco companies, oil companies, big banks, ISPs, everyone suing the US for regulating them. All of the hard work done to keep them in line is completely gone.
then why would they create it??? how did this happen

Actually according to a bunch of stuff Canada is still deciding, but they said they will sign it.
They cant until some other people vote in the gov.