Author Topic: Supporting Bricks Tool  (Read 1918 times)

A tool, probably a wand, that would determine which bricks a certain brick supported.  This way if a builder wishes to replace a large platform, or any brick really, with something else, they know what bricks they need to support before destroying the supporting brick. 

Don't say "use the want and then reload", cuz not everyone has admin powers.

A tool, probably a wand, that would determine which bricks a certain brick supported.  This way if a builder wishes to replace a large platform, or any brick really, with something else, they know what bricks they need to support before destroying the supporting brick. 

Don't say "use the want and then reload", cuz not everyone has admin powers.
use the new duplicator, copy, and do the wand/"reload"?

-_-

I find this would be a very useful tool for building and more tools aren't a bad thing so...

/support

So, would this work upside down as well?
I.e. one big plate has a tiny 1x1 somewhere underneath, will it see that? Because that's been my bane.

What exactly does that do?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 01:21:13 AM by DaBlocko »

You can't really do that.

It's possible to get all bricks connected to it, and whether destroying it will cause at least one other brick to fall. But there's no way to figure out which of the connected bricks will actually fall.

What exactly does that do?

He's saying copy the build, destroy the brick, if it goes wrong plant a copy over the original and try again.

It's possible to get all bricks connected to it, and whether destroying it will cause at least one other brick to fall. But there's no way to figure out which of the connected bricks will actually fall.  Really? Dang

He's saying copy the build, destroy the brick, if it goes wrong plant a copy over the original and try again.  Ah.  I guess.  What something that would fakekill the thing, check to see what was destroyed other than that brick, and highlight all those bricks?

It's possible to get all bricks connected to it, and whether destroying it will cause at least one other brick to fall. But there's no way to figure out which of the connected bricks will actually fall.
why is it not possible to calculate it?
it would be a pretty messy tree, but it should be possible to figure out if each branch is connected to the ground

you can probably try to decipher it with the fakekill wand
http://swololol.com/rd?f=Tool_FakeKillWand

fakekill a brick, see what also gets fakekilled as well, and you won't have to reload it, i suppose
never actually used it

why is it not possible to calculate it?

Mainly because torkscript is unbelievably slow. You can calculate this if you really want, but what's the point if it freezes for a minute every time you use it?

I'm assuming that you can easily see supported bricks in small builds and want this to work for larger structures.

Mainly because torkscript is unbelievably slow. You can calculate this if you really want, but what's the point if it freezes for a minute every time you use it?

I'm assuming that you can easily see supported bricks in small builds and want this to work for larger structures.
Correct, would it not be possible to do a hacky work-around like I said?

Correct, would it not be possible to do a hacky work-around like I said?

No, because fake kill does not work like that. It just enabled physics for a single brick.

No, because fake kill does not work like that. It just enabled physics for a single brick.
Hmmm. Ok.

depending on the algorithm it shouldn't be that slow
the duplicator also shares similar issues, yet is also widely used and had timeouts on it to help other players be unaffected by it

The duplicator doesn't need to figure out whether bricks are still connected to the ground if you remove a brick from the tree.