Poll

Will Trump get re-elected in 2020?

Yes
No

Author Topic: POLITICS & DONALD Annoying Orange MEGATHREAD  (Read 2174658 times)

the fat kid is trying to look strong. 
reminds me of a wwII era photo, probably most of it is like US 1940s-50s equivalent technology.

it sort of looks like the back wave of tanks ended up shooting the front wave and accidentally killing hundreds of their comerades

Kind of a biased poll tbh. What we should be doing is what we've always been doing - cultivating strong trade relationships with countries like China that can quickly choke out Kim Jong-Un's regime economically without ever firing a single bullet.

and using peace talks to ensure that no lives are taken unnecessarily in our pursuit of threat neutralization

what we should be doing is sitting down with them to negotiate rather than having mike pence grimace at them over the border

Kind of a biased poll tbh. What we should be doing is what we've always been doing - cultivating strong trade relationships with countries like China that can quickly choke out Kim Jong-Un's regime economically without ever firing a single bullet.
yeah but unfortunately they have enough self sustaining economic ability to maintain their military regime while the civilians starve
all the while their ICBM and nuclear technologies expand in range & power, respectively.

they have promised to nuke the US countless times and if left to their own devices they will be able to reach that goal.
they know attacking the US is Self Delete, but they also are willing to risk advancing those technologies to achieve their own nuclear deterrent and be a world power
i don't think we want a regime like that being a world nuclear power with long range ICBMs

yeah but unfortunately they have enough self sustaining economic ability to maintain their military regime while the civilians starve
It's a stuffty situation by all means, but I disagree with the idea of using military intervention to 'fix' it. We've tried nation-building loads of times now, and the only time it has ever worked was when Western civilization was essentially brought on the brink of destruction by WWII.

So either we have to wait for the DPRK to burn itself out, or start a huge, bloody war that will probably kill more people than the first option.

they have promised to nuke the US countless times and if left to their own devices they will be able to reach that goal.
they know attacking the US is Self Delete, but they also are willing to risk advancing those technologies to achieve their own nuclear deterrent and be a world power
It's also possible they'll just never develop ICBMs. They are pretty terrible at rocket science.

North Korea is a ticking time bomb. It's better to neutralize them sooner rather then later. "They might never develop ICBMs" is a dumb loving excuse that relies on us hoping that they are too dumb to develop them, which they inevitably will be able to at some point.. The real question is if we put in a new western government, unite then with South Korea (probably after occupying and fixing the damages so they aren't an economic liability) or let China put in their own government/let then straight up annex them (they probably wouldn't because the whole reason they still defend north Korea is because they are a buffer between them and the west).

The real question is if we put in a new western government, unite then with South Korea (probably after occupying and fixing the damages so they aren't an economic liability) or let China put in their own government/let then straight up annex them (they probably wouldn't because the whole reason they still defend north Korea is because they are a buffer between them and the west).
And North Korea won't try to resist this? Basically, any option that involves charging in and taking out their government will result in stuffloads of death and destruction, much like the Iraq War. Another Korean War is absolutely worse than the current situation.

"They might never develop ICBMs" is a dumb loving excuse that relies on us hoping that they are too dumb to develop them
It's possible they'll develop ICBMs, but there's a large body of evidence that they're highly incompetent when it comes to designing missiles. Most of their missile tests fail to launch, and the successful ones aren't great either. I believe there was one warhead test where it failed to even knock over the steel-frame tower it was dropped from.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 03:38:59 AM by SeventhSandwich »

North Korea is a ticking time bomb. It's better to neutralize them sooner rather then later. "They might never develop ICBMs" is a dumb loving excuse that relies on us hoping that they are too dumb to develop them, which they inevitably will be able to at some point.. The real question is if we put in a new western government, unite then with South Korea (probably after occupying and fixing the damages so they aren't an economic liability) or let China put in their own government/let then straight up annex them (they probably wouldn't because the whole reason they still defend north Korea is because they are a buffer between them and the west).
You're a bit too war hungry. It would be better in the short-medium term to try and get China on-side to stop providing aid to north korea until they cease their nuclear program.

100 days
what's happened? nothing helpful or good

100 days
what's happened? nothing helpful or good
hes managed to become one of the most immediately disappointing presidents in US history, for one

the fat kid is trying to look strong. 
reminds me of a wwII era photo, probably most of it is like US 1940s-50s equivalent technology.

reminds me of this video i saw last month of the US an SK doing a live-fire drill in 2015. does NK even have a competent airforce or just a bunch of old tanks howitziers?

what we should be doing is sitting down with them to negotiate rather than having mike pence grimace at them over the border

What we should do is hand Kim Jong-Un a Pepsi.

leer lowers defense and has a lot of pp so better safe than sorry i say