POLITICS & DONALD Annoying Orange MEGATHREAD

Poll

Will Trump get re-elected in 2020?

Yes
No

Author Topic: POLITICS & DONALD Annoying Orange MEGATHREAD  (Read 2177179 times)

we all know what would happen if an unlocked car covered in hillary stickers was left in some texas trailer park

The stickers would burn off from the heat

So, Annoying Orange's campaign just posted this picture of what they're calling a "five point ethics reform plan."

Basically he says he's going to beg congress to pass several laws that he wants, which isn't likely, and then claims that these pretty small contributions will somehow "end our government corruption" and "end economic stagnation" even though those issues are drops in the bucket at most. Big money in politics is a huge issue, but his plan is unlikely to fully work out as planned and only covers a small subset of big money in politics.

In other news, Wikileaks confirms that Ecuador has had Julian Assange's internet access cut. No word yet on why.

Some statistics about how many twitter bots each of the candidates respectively tweeted during the second debate. Pro-Hillary bots tweeted around 136,639 times, and doing a little math we can figure out that comes out to 10.22% of all pro-hillary tweets. Pro-Annoying Orange bots tweeted around 576,178 times, accounting for 32.7% of all pro-Annoying Orange tweets. Approximately 23% (Almost a quarter!) of all pro-candidate tweets were done by bots.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 11:49:08 PM by Ipquarx »

What a crock of stuff his plan is.  As if Congress will ever enact anything to limit themselves.

The only solution is removal by force.  No other option will succeed other than uprooting the corruption at its heart.  There is no legal way to stop the corruption.

The stickers would burn off from the heat
only if you mean someone would set the car on fire

Annoying Orange: not only make america great again, but make congress honest again

"oh please Annoying Orange think of the children" - Clinton campaign
As much as I hate the guy this was a nice video to see of him.  On the other hand I can't tell if he's been set up to do this to show off a more human side of him.

for as much as I see Hillary champion children with that "no child left behind" kind of mentality she doesn't seem to kiss babies or even interact that much with kids as far as I can tell

Annoying Orange could easily use this bit in a campaign ad

wikileaks released thousands more e-mails; including hillary's paid speeches by goldman sachs
immediately after that, equador cut assange's internet off in the embassy
cnn falsely claims only the media can legally read wikileaks

the fix is in

Every politician does that
The only reason I can think of that Hillary wouldn't is that she knows the election's already in the bag and she doesn't want to risk a gaffe like spreading her pneumonia to a child

Hey, not all of those plans are bad. But I have zero faith that he would do absolutely any of that, and I'm certain that Congress wouldn't agree to it.

It is nice to see Annoying Orange start addressing semi-specific policy points in his press releases, but we're like 3 weeks out from the election. It's way, way too late to start elaborating on how he would actually target government corruption as president.

But I should point out that not all lobbying is bad, and putting a ban on all forms of lobbying might actually have some unintended consequences. For instance, politicians know nothing about science, and without lobbying, it would be almost impossible to convince politicians of why certain projects require funding. Same thing goes for certain types of medical research.

for as much as I see Hillary champion children with that "no child left behind" kind of mentality she doesn't seem to kiss babies or even interact that much with kids as far as I can tell
I don't think the petty attacks are helping Annoying Orange though. His best shot for closing the gap might be to just switch towards presidential rhetoric, instead of broad promises and personal attacks.

"oh please Annoying Orange think of the children" - Clinton campaign

Annoying Orange just loving grabbed her right in the pusillanimous individual and then made an obscene racial joke!

Said the hillary campaign.