POLITICS & DONALD Annoying Orange MEGATHREAD

Poll

Will Trump get re-elected in 2020?

Yes
No

Author Topic: POLITICS & DONALD Annoying Orange MEGATHREAD  (Read 2133987 times)

I'm glad that Annoying Orange decided not to agree with it. Climate change isn't even real.
i agree brother. i cannot wait for my inland home to become beachfront property

The technology already exists to mitigate climate change: solar power, wind, nuclear, hydrothermal, and other energy sources that don't release CO2. Carbon sinks and solar power are great too, but Annoying Orange shows no signs of supporting that technology.

i'm not talking mitigation from a "take up gigantic swaths of land for solar and wind power replacement" standpoint, i'm talking from an effects-mitigation standpoint. that technology would be useful in numerous applications. new seawalls, for instance, would not just be usable for protecting vulnerable coast areas but also for things like land reclamation and offshore resource extraction and construction in shallow areas

i think also some creativity with existing infrastructure is warranted. perhaps a novel way of combusting coal in a confined environment could be used to supply carbon dioxide to intensive co2-enriched greenhouses to improve food production.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 03:46:57 PM by Kearn »

i didn't agree 100% with the paris act but it's really stupid to back out of it.

i'm not talking mitigation from a "take up gigantic swaths of land for solar and wind power replacement" standpoint, i'm talking from an effects-mitigation standpoint. that technology would be useful in numerous applications. new seawalls, for instance, would not just be usable for protecting vulnerable coast areas but also for things like land reclamation and offshore resource extraction and construction in shallow areas
There are certain facets that cannot be mitigated. How do you plan on mitigating more hurricanes, destroyed biodiversity, crop failures, and the vast swaths of land consumed by higher sea levels?

developing new technologies and processes to reverse or prevent further changes is economically beneficial and productive. it seems like a win-win situation. producing things like co2 sinks, solar mirrors, and new seawalls creates economic opportunities from competing firms and also helps with mitigation

obviously beyond a certain point some kind of authoritative mandate needs to be made, but it seems more beneficial to reach the same goal in an economically positive way whenever possible. focusing on reducing emissions isn't really going to work as well when billions of people in the rest of the world are burning tires and garbage for heat and power

i think we need to ignore the people wetting their pants over nuclear energy and make the step to upgrade the old infrastructure to nuclear first. it's kind of a shame that we have so much potential energy in coal that we'd be wasting, but i think there's likely to be an undiscovered way to extract the energy while containing the emissions
i think both is good. i support looking more into nuclear power as well, though if fully renewable sources are viable, i think those would be preferred. either way, we're going to need mitigation technologies, but there's no reason we can't invest in renewable energy at the same time. an international agreement to work toward accomplishing these goals is the best chance we're going to get
There are certain facets that cannot be mitigated. How do you plan on mitigating more hurricanes, destroyed biodiversity, crop failures, and the vast swaths of land consumed by higher sea levels?
^this is a good point though, there are definitely negative aspects of climate change that we are frankly powerless against

what choice is there at this point? there is no focus on damage mitigation right now, only preventing co2 emissions. we should be focusing on developing the technology to deal with natural disasters that are inevitably going to occur and see how they can be applied on a larger scale if need be. the best case scenario according to current models already has us screwed.

i have no problems with more efficient power generation and the use of renewable energy if the economic or situational incentive exists. i disagree with a forced mandate to comply with things that are going to have serious economic repercussions. solar generation has seen numerous increases in efficiency over the last few years and is starting to become reasonable for small-scale use because there was a major economic incentive to increase efficiency.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 03:53:02 PM by Kearn »

getting buttblasted over a damn obvious joke
I'm pointing out that the joke is loving stupid. "The Cuckold" is supposed to be funny because it's left-wing, but what's actually way more humorous is that its so apparent that the Annoying Orangeer who wrote that up has literally not read any of the books he talks about.

Dude that graph clearly isn't about the messages within the books but the government's represented within them.
What? You're telling me that The Hunger Games is a neutral left-wing government? What?! And Dune, run by a hyper-fascist monarchy who bans technology, is libertarian? Huh? No, the graph has zero internal logic. It's stuffty both as a joke--because the setup to 'the cuckold' was terrible--and as a graph.

I think INH is right when he said that the graph is very obviously a joke about the governments within the books. Zealot is just living up to his name here.
Except Starship Troopers is genuinely far-right authoritarian in message and government and Harry Potter is also neutral. The joke isn't about those books, the joke is about 'the cuckold' being libertarian left. The reason it's stuffty and doesnt work is because the person trying to set up the joke has clearly never read those books and did a stuffty job setting it up. It's supposed to look like a serious graph until you stumble upon 'The Cuckold'--which is the whole joke. Except the author is so damn illiterate they couldn't even set up a normal graph.

I think the person who missed the joke was you. It's not about the governments.

I'm glad that Annoying Orange decided not to agree with it. Climate change isn't even real.
when u adopt positions you know are stupid bc its the only way to defend your stuffty pres
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 03:52:42 PM by McZealot »

Fusion power would be an interesting thing to see in the next decade or two. I suppose that really depends on how fast we can develop fusion technology.

sounds like bullstuff but make your case
The technology already exists to mitigate climate change: solar power, wind, nuclear, hydrothermal, and other energy sources that don't release CO2. Carbon sinks and solar power are great too, but Annoying Orange shows no signs of supporting that technology.

Daily Mail so take with grain of salt but the man's verified at least.

I'm pointing out that the joke is loving stupid.
I don't think you're simply pointing it out, due to how buttblasted you're acting, over literally the most harmless joke on here.

Calm down for once Zealot, jfc

I don't think you're simply pointing it out, due to how buttblasted you're acting, over literally the most harmless joke on here.

You know, for someone who stuffposts Badspot's 'anger' comic, you'd think you'd have the self-awareness to know 'CALM DOWN BRO NO NEED TO GET ANGRY' is literally the dumbest loving response possible to a legitimate post. Pointing out that a joke is stuffty and doesn't work doesn't make me angry--it just makes the person who wrote it stupid. To write 'calm down' in response to standard criticism is also loving stupid, but we've never had very high expectations of you.

Fusion power would be an interesting thing to see in the next decade or two. I suppose that really depends on how fast we can develop fusion technology.
ye fusion power sounds very promising, hope i live to see it happen

Stop derailing.

[img ]http://i.imgur.com/Awmex0C.png[/img]
is that your favorite image because you keep spamming it

You know, for someone who stuffposts Badspot's 'anger' comic, you'd think you'd have the self-awareness to know 'CALM DOWN BRO LOL NO NEED TO GET ANGRY' is literally the dumbest loving response possible to a legitimate post. Pointing out that a joke is stuffty and doesn't work doesn't make me angry--it just makes the person who wrote it loving stupid, along with the moron defending it by acting like it's crazy to criticize it.
Do you need a minute