Poll

Will Trump get re-elected in 2020?

Yes
No

Author Topic: POLITICS & DONALD Annoying Orange MEGATHREAD  (Read 2134254 times)

I read scientific papers on a daily basis. Come prepared next time.
I mean I agree but god damn that's really /r/IAmVerySmart

I mean I agree but god damn that's really /r/IAmVerySmart
I'm not bragging about it - it's literally just a facet of my education and work. I'm going to tear into the actual article rather than just the headlines since that's what you do when reading about science.

I read scientific papers on a daily basis. Come prepared next time.

It was more toward the zealot inh stuffstorm. I read the headline and a few paragraphs. You're obviously more invested in this than I am so power to you. Don't be a rooster.

It was more toward the zealot inh stuffstorm. I read the headline and a few paragraphs. You're obviously more invested in this than I am so power to you. Don't be a rooster.
All I'm saying is that if you're going to duck out as soon as any sort of substantive discourse begins, that's obviously why you're accusing climate scientists of fraud. The common thread I see among people denying climate change is that they're willing to buy some pundit's explanation of why climate change is false, but they aren't willing to Google that same argument and see the dozens of responses from published climate scientists that debunk their BS into the ground. It's like a one-sided skepticism where people expose climate scientists to ridiculous scrutiny, yet expose the opposing argument to absolutely zero scrutiny.

I can say, having browsed the internet for this long, that I have seen probably hundreds of arguments that 'debunk' climate change. None of them are true, and they've all been addressed and debunked by people who know what they're talking about. But climate change skeptics probably haven't seen the tens of thousands of reasons why climate change is happening. That's the big difference here.

How ever will we adjust to the ocean rising millimeters a year

frankly I don't think it matters one bit because why would God put us on an Earth he can't air condition

How ever will we adjust to the ocean rising millimeters a year
Ever been to Venice? Miami? boy you're in for some fun

So when we criticize climate change denial, people tell us we're overly anxious and conspiracy believing libtards who are listening to bought out scientists from globalized governments.

When we counter that, we're roosters.

Ok.

Ever been to Venice? Miami? boy you're in for some fun

Both of those places are trash let them sink

Doesn't Venice sinking have more to do with where it was built?

Doesn't Venice sinking have more to do with where it was built?

Yes

Hey guys, you may know me as Jordan - my real friends call me the Redpill Redditor. Politics is something I frequently debate about with my co-workers and they usually don't read between the lines when it comes to topics that are frequently brought up in the news. I spend my daily efforts to unmask the false flags out there and bring truth to the masses via a global social platform, like Reddit! I would appreciate any comments and requests sent to my inbox about further inquiry through the mass media trend. Appreciate the support, later!

I think the people who deny climate change are a result of the politicization of science
Obviously the climate of the world is changing. It's a combination of natural cycles and human activity. To say it is simply one or the other is ridic, cause I've seen scientific papers for both, unless I'm mistaken? I do think people overstate the amount of damage we are doing, but also underestimate it. The polar ice caps melting will not doom the entire world, but we shouldn't be so nonchalant about losing our coastal cities.

We should strive to be more environment friendly on point of principle, but it'll be a while before we can just go full renewable. And even if we can, how space efficient can that be? I think a combination of green energy while improving what we already have available is the best bet, as well as making strides towards colonizing other planets. We should be a multiplanet species, we're smart enough for it. I think.

We should be a multiplanet species, we're smart enough for it. I think.
With all this illiteracy and dismissive attitude towards science going around in the world, honestly, not confident about that as of right now.