What keyboard are you typing with? [May have page stretch]

Poll

Which Switch maker do you personally prefer?

Matias
Futaba
Alps
Cherry
Topre
Dome w/ Slider
Standard Membrane

Author Topic: What keyboard are you typing with? [May have page stretch]  (Read 3912 times)

/title,

For me it would have to be an IBM Model M with a part number of 52G9658 made by Lexmark in 1993. It uses buckling springs as opposed to the common dome switches and the expensive Cherry MX, Linear, ALPS and Topre switches.

Edit 2: Fixed image
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 10:10:22 AM by HALO3cheif »

what the hell is a keyboard switch mechanism
i never really understood the concept

OT: the built in one on my laptop

what the hell is a keyboard switch mechanism
i never really understood the concept

OT: the built in one on my laptop

There are the conventional rubber dome pads on newer keyboards that are virtually silent, which are very common on keyboards nowadays, but the mechanical keyboards have the Cherry, ALPS, Topre, linear and buckling spring switches, which not only sound good but last a lot longer than the common keyboards.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 09:44:27 AM by HALO3cheif »

logitech g15
it's nice, but outdated at this point for the most part, besides the display.

There are the conventional rubber dome pads on newer keyboards that are virtually silent, which are very common on keyboards nowadays, but the mechanical keyboards have the Cherry, ALPS, Topher, linear and buckling spring switches, which not only sound good but last a lot longer than the common keyboards.
ohh i get it
so the Cherry, ALPS, Topher, etc. are just code names for different spring switches for a keyboard
ok thanks

This

whatever this keyboard I am using is, I don't pay attention nor care

oh

save for different windows keys, this is my keyboard

custom fullsize with cherry mx red, red coloured modifiers and grey keys

ohh i get it
so the Cherry, ALPS, Topher, etc. are just code names for different spring switches for a keyboard
ok thanks

There are many articles like this, but it will give a better explanation:
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2088744/click-this-all-about-mechanical-keyboards-and-why-you-need-one.html

g510 logitech gaming keyboard
basically spent a lot of money for a keyboard with a lot of features i don't use :cookieMonster:

I currently own a Cherry MX Blue Ducky Shine 4, a Matias Quiet Linear KBP v60, and a CM Storm Novatouch. I used the Novatouch to type this post.

The Shine 4 was actually a gift from a friend (who I then gifted $100 in return). I bought the other two because I ended up getting tired of the tactile bump of the blues.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 12:06:04 AM by NoZoner »

Logitech Orion Spark G910