Author Topic: "No URL set in game manifest!" Error  (Read 1309 times)

Every time i try opening up Blockland i get an error on the launcher saying that there is no URL in the game manifest, could somebody tell me how to fix this or what it means?

What it means? no clue.

I fixed it by disconnecting my internet, boot Blockland, close it, and reconnect the internet.

Alright, now I think I remember. I got this error when blockland would attempt to download latestmanifest.php but instead would receive a different file due to a redirect.

Perhaps if you can find out how to replace the redirect with the actual file, you would be able to remedy the issue?

What it means? no clue.

I fixed it by disconnecting my internet, boot Blockland, close it, and reconnect the internet.

I think this^

It could be cloudflare trying to insert an interstitial page that the launcher can't handle.

It could be cloudflare trying to insert an interstitial page that the launcher can't handle.

Is your comment misplaced in this thread?

No, Blockland is protected by Cloudflare. It's a totally valid point.

I never knew!  How does it implement it?

#peconexplanation

I don't believe cloud.blockland.us is hosted through CloudFlare, but instead it's hosted through amazon.
A lookup for cloud.blockland.us shows that d3stdyxxcpsbxl.cloudfront.net is an alias, which then the website points to several other addresses.
Doing a whois on one of the address shows Organization:   Amazon Technologies Inc. (AT-88-Z).

Now, doing a lookup on fourm.blockland.us points to two addresses, which then a whois on one of them shows Organization:   CloudFlare, Inc. (CLOUD14).
So no, it shouldn't be Cloudflare causing the problem.

See the keyword "could". I've posted how I fixed it but being Cloudflare's fault is a theory.
Maybe Amazon has some sort of similar DDoS protection.

The whole blockland.us domain is protected by cloudflare, you'll see their name servers if you look it up on whois.

cloud.blockland.us is only for static files anyways, the launcher tries to load http://update.blockland.us/latestVersion.php.

The whole blockland.us domain is protected by cloudflare, you'll see their name servers if you look it up on whois.

cloud.blockland.us is only for static files anyways, the launcher tries to load http://update.blockland.us/latestVersion.php.
Ah, didn't knew the launcher loaded that instead.
So yeah, it might be Cloudflare.

Ok I tried a few things and it worked, thanks for the help guys :)

Ok I tried a few things and it worked, thanks for the help guys :)
You know it would help others who find this thread by searching to specify exactly what things you tried that fixed the problem.

I just followed the replies