Why do people say /discuss, /support, /thread, etc.?

Poll

Well?

To show they support something but cannot expand on it
0 (0%)
Because it's simple
1 (14.3%)
Both 1 and 2
3 (42.9%)
Because they're idiots
3 (42.9%)
Other (post in thread)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Why do people say /discuss, /support, /thread, etc.?  (Read 1080 times)

Like, for example you're telling someone to stop. You don't say "stop?", you say "stop." Or if you're saying if you don't understand something, why do you go "I don't understand?" instead of "I don't understand." It gets annoying but of I had some info as to why people type like that I won't be as annoyed.
Why do we also use /discuss instead of normally saying "Discuss."

Discuss if you want
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 05:12:42 AM by Space1255 »

because I loving want to?
idk I guess it's because the tone of voice it would normally be said in

to show confusion or a condescending tone like ^

tbh both of those examples in the op could be perceived as questions given the tone of voice/context

tbh both of those examples in the op could be perceived as questions given the tone of voice/context
Hold up lemme fetch an example.

when people do that it is purely condescending and it is such a big pet peeve of mine holy stuff STOP
i literally did it a few posts ago as well and i hate it when i do it too because its just so asinine and heck

it's like when people passive aggressively respond to questions with the stuffty question mark thing
"why do you dress like that?"
"because i loving want to?"

if you do that you are automatically are an starfish or an angst-y teen in my book
once again, you are a condescending starfish if you do that.

once again, you are a condescending starfish if you do that.
I think the whole point of the ? is to sound either condescending as you said or to sound confused like steve said
uh basically I agree with both of you

i don't know??????????????????????????????????

i don't know.

I generally dislike all overdone 'voice' put into sentences. If you can't express your point in a normal English sentence then you're an idiot and should feel bad about yourself. This is essentially one of the reasons I've always had disdain for teenage girls and tubmlr. All teenage girls besides Tetris' sister, though.

I generally dislike all overdone 'voice' put into sentences. If you can't express your point in a normal English sentence then you're an idiot and should feel bad about yourself. This is essentially one of the reasons I've always had disdain for teenage girls and tubmlr. All teenage girls besides Tetris' sister, though.
Send pic of his sister

If you even remotely have any sort of social life, you should know that tone and body language express thoughts and messages more clearly than just words themselves. This may be why I'm constantly thinking poorly of your intelligence.