Author Topic: Pong Tycoon 2016! v1 (Single Player Released!)  (Read 2839 times)

Here we go again...
Pong Tycoon 2016
v1
Server is currently: Inactive

From the maker of absolutely nothing comes a breath of fresh old! That's right, it's that time of year again where some dork decides to make a robloxian tycoon in blockland but inevitably fails! But don't worry! This time i'll finish it!" he always says before he quits! [/passiveagressiverant]

Jokes aside, it has come to be that time of the year again where i want to make a tycoon, but this time i'm starting where i left off last year, same tycoon, so there's a greater chance of me finishing this time, and according to my calculations *snort* i should finish by the end of the week if I'm persistent.

The Concept

The idea is simple, making a Roblox style tycoon in Blockland. But the problem is with blockland's default event system, the only way to program in blockland, it's easyer than roblox, but you don't have as much power, simply put, you can't make a tycoon in vanilla blockland. You need strawberry blockland. You need addons, which will be included in the game server and single player downloadable. This is some high level eventing and not for the noob, but the gameplay is simple and even the noobiest noob can follow.

The History

This is my 4rd attempt at a tycoon and this time i think i can finish it! Over and over i wanted to do this and i always stopped out of bordum before i finished it. Last time i made a tycoon, Pong Tycoon (links to other topics there) it went ok and i cracked a few huge problems that i've always had but inevitably i never finished it, but i saved the save online so i could come back to it today. I've been working on this for about 5 years on and off, my first attempt to actually make one was in March 2013, (so almost exactly 3 years ago) and i called it Light Tycoon, it consisted of the player buying multiple light machines , but there were still many problems i couldn't account for and my entire eventing technique was sloppy and unorganized and spammy, so i abandoned it to research VCE and eventing more, hone my skills per-say. Then, like clockwork, almost 1 year later, I started Factory Tycoon, A similar consept with slightly better events, a more organized eventing system, and the ever hated VIP room removed. But once again i abandoned it because it was still to sloppy for my standards, and it cause lag whenever something was triggered. Now the time has come again to start working on my annual tycoon and this time i think i can finish it. and yes i copied most of this from the old Pong tycoon topic. Don't judge me.

How To Play

First your going to want to do is start a minigame, without a minigame the cash giver will not collect, and there should be problems with the IIS, so start a minigame.

Now you can get a tycoon, just run into one of the grey doors labeled "Become Owner", this will make the tycoon belong to you and only you can collect the cash from this tycoon and buy items in it. (thanks to the IIS, explained later)

Your Tycoon will materialize around you if you've done this right. You will notice that your name has been set as owner where it use to say "No Owner", this means that the IIS system is in place and you are the only one that can interact with your tycoon. Next your going to want to start your income, so you can buy the Ponger that should be to your left, when you buy something it takes the amount that it shows from the cash on your person, if you don't have enough cash, you can't buy it, but this first Ponger is free, so go ahead and buy it by running over the pad.

Once you do this, you'll notice that the black item that has appeared is bouncing a pong from the white brick off the other side and back before disappearing, when the pong disappears, $10 will be added to the Cash to Collect storage, run over it to collect your money and buy the next upgrade, which costs $250 and will add one additional pong, doubling your income.

The IIS System

The IIS system is a little complicated, it stands for Isomorphic Interaction System when you start a tycoon, the door saves your name as a variable in your minigame (and your cash in the collector, which is why you need to be in a minigame to play) and every time you go to use anything it will see if your name matches the name it's saved for that tycoon, so when there are multiple tycoons, there will be no worry of noobs taking your money or buying your stuff. Also when you buy a tycoon it does a check on other tycoons to see if you already own one, so you can't own more than one.

Basically, if you try to do anything in a tycoon, the tycoon asks, "IIS this the right person?  :cookieMonster:

My Proudest Accomplishment

For 3 years I had been racking my brain and the brain of some of the best addon coders in blockland for a way  to detect when a player disconnects with events so i can have that person's tycoon reset when they leave and noone elses, well after 3 years i finally figured out how to do just that.

When you get a tycoon, the door sets up a variable in your player object called Ping and sets it's variable to 0987, and sends a relay to the blue brick. Every second the blue brick will use VCE to scan your player for this variable, when it does detect it, it will beep and glow for 0.25 seconds. When the player object disappears, (when he dies or disconnects) the variable is no longer present, the brick does not detect it, and the brick sends a relay to the red brick which clears that individual tycoon. I will disable Self Delete in the final server and any killing of any kind until i can fix this, but for now this is the only way, if i use the actual client, (which is not the player but the computer connecting) than it does not clear or reset when the player leaves.

Screenshots
How you start off

How it looks just after you claim a tycoon

Tycoon in v0.5

Tycoon in v1

I DUN IT MA!
It's finally done, after all these years it's finally done. the server will be up soon, i just need to set up the gamemode. It's done.

HUUGE THANKS to Buddy for helping me out BIG time

Single Player

New single player for all your single playing needs!

When you load this up first you are going to need to make a minigame, then click the big red button that is in the save picture, then just play normally!

Pong Tycoon made by:
Yin Yang  |  10630
Buddy     |  28116
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 12:43:31 AM by Yin Yang »

Great idea and definitely brings back some memories. Ive also been trying to figure out something like that "reset tycoon" thing and your way of doing it is pretty darn smart. Keep up the good work and I look forward to playing it!

Whenever you see the Pong Tycoon server up feel free to join and give'r a go

Reminds me of the billion ROBLOX tycoon clones I would play back in the day. Very interesting.

Bump, think i'm about done

I've downloaded the singleplayer map, added all events, followed minigame directions, however it appears most of the map loses events. It just turn the bricks red.

If you need help with adding onto each of the places, I can help.

I remenber these games on roblox and when they were actually good. Thank for making this!

I tried this, it was fun.