Author Topic: Stonehearth  (Read 1118 times)

Does anyone here actively play Stonehearth? It's a pretty fun town building game. I'm not sure if its open-sourced but I heard you can make add-ons for it too and it leaves lots of room open for ingame creativity. Still in its Alpha Stage but it's already very fun to play. I am not an active member of their community as of yet but they update very routinely and post on their website every week.

An in-game picture i took last night.

Thanks for your time, I highly recommend it, you can find it on steam. If you like this game, I'd say its worth a try.

I have this game and quite enjoy watching it grow.

To sum this game up quickly, it was influenced by Dwarf Fortress, and you can kind of tell in certain aspects. However, this game is one you'd generally play to unwind and relax, I've found. There basically is no way to lose yet, but you can design buildings and I've seen some really sweet stuff made already, and that's where it shines.

Unfortunately, the game is rather early in development as it is, so there are several bugs and such. Designing your own structure is easy once you've gotten the concept of dealing with odd UI bugs, but it's possible. However, your villagers sometimes will bug out when they try to construct any kind of fancy structure that is more than a cube house. For example, if you make anything slightly complicated, your villagers will just not even try to finish it once they reach that part of the construction. There are workarounds (cancel building and have them proceed building again sometimes works; sometimes you have to manually design a sort of scaffold on one wall to get your villagers onto the roof for them to continue. AKA help their pathfinding along a bit).

However, the developers seem to be popping out patches and optimizations at a decent pace, which really helps. I've definitely witnessed a decline in the amount of building-based glitches over my time owning this game. The dev's recently patched an annoying amount of memory leaking, as well. At it's current level, the game limits the number of villagers because of optimization or something like that, but you can still have a fair amount.

The soundtrack is pretty simple but effective, and the amount of random encounters and enemies have been getting better lately (Those wolves are neat).

The game has a good foundation. However, it would be easier to recommend it with a few solid patches here and there and better optimization. Holy Christ I didn't even realize I was typing an entire short story on this lol

wish i had time to check out all of the little indie building games out there, but there are so many, and i already own blockland :P
this one looks cool, perhaps someday...

Been watching this game since the the kickstarter, really cool to see it grow as cooldawson said. I don't actively play it but I keed tabs on it's progress, though I haven't played since a few betas back so maybe I will hop in again.

didn't this game used to be 2D?

When i looked at the picture i thought it was a Cubeworlds revive for a moment and I about stuff my pants.

Where can I get this game? Steam?

>windows only
nvm :(