Author Topic: Dead ping on my server  (Read 2488 times)

Lately no one has been able to join my server because of a dead ping and I don't understand why. I port forwarded a long time ago, UDnP is disabled, and I've hosted with the same computer, router, and ISP before. I would appreciate it if someone could help me solve this issue.

I figured out that I can only host w/out dead ping if I'm on wifi, but this is not the case when I use ethernet. The ethernet cable is connected to the wifi router, so I still don't get why that would happen...

You have uPnP enabled on Blockland.

When I made the post I had it disabled for my router settings but not on Blockland, so I changed that setting and I still couldn't host while using a wired connection.

To port forward you have to set a static IP.
You probably only did that on the wifi adapter and not on your ethernet adapter.

I don't understand the difference. How do I port forward my ethernet adapter?

I don't understand the difference. How do I port forward my ethernet adapter?
The same way you did for your wifi.
They each have their own settings. You may have to keep the one you're not using disabled or else it may give errors, not sure on that.

Are you under 2 or more modems in your house?

I only have one modem, and the ethernet cable I use is connected to the same wifi router that I've already port forwarded. If I go to my router settings to port forward I don't see any option to port forward a wifi adapter / ethernet adapter, it's just one setting under "virtual servers."

Is the router connected to a modem?

In your network adapter settings:

You should have at least 2 adapters: one for your wifi, and one for your ethernet.
If you did port forward, you should have come across this screen (if you are on Windows of course) and know what IP you selected.
So just do the exact same thing on the ethernet adapter.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/19249/how-to-assign-a-static-ip-address-in-xp-vista-or-windows-7/

You may have to keep the one you're not using disabled or else it may give errors, not sure on that.
Nah, it shouldn't be a problem as long as you don't try to be connected with ethernet and wifi at the same time.

I think I see what you mean. Am I supposed to port forward for the IP associated with the ethernet adapter? I can't use the same ports 28000-28030, so would I be able to just split between the two adapters and do 28000-28015 and 28016-28030?

just make sure port 28000 is open - whether or not its part of a larger range of ports that are opened is irrelevant. what matters is bl is allowed to communicate on that port.

I can't have that port open for both my wifi adapter and my ethernet adapter.