Author Topic: Vehicle Swap System(Swap vehicle seats in a full vehicle without ejecting)  (Read 2307 times)

Let's say you're playing on some server that involves vehicles. You and your teammates pack into a plane, helicopter, etc. All the seats are full, so you can't swap with anyone else without ejecting yourself, which might slow your team down, or be a suicidal move. What would the solution to this be?

A addon that lets you swap vehicles with someone else. Trying to swap to a seat already occupied by another player will pop up a chat message saying that Player X wants to swap with him. All Player Y has to do is press the key to swap to whatever seat Player X was previously in(ex. If Player X presses Next Vehicle Seat and requests to swap, player Y presses the key for Previous Vehicle Seat to complete the swap), and both players will swap without having to jump out of a plane in mid-air and die. Possible RTB Prefs would be a setting for how long the delay is before people can request swapping seats, to prevent spam.

Would this be possible?

I never thought about this. This seems very useful, especially if the seat matters, like if it is the driver's seat or a turret.

I would also like to suggest maybe a preference to enable admin/host priority? So pressing the next/previous seat keys will automatically swap your seat with a person without asking them, if you're an admin.

I never thought about this. This seems very useful, especially if the seat matters, like if it is the driver's seat or a turret.

I would also like to suggest maybe a preference to enable admin/host priority? So pressing the next/previous seat keys will automatically swap your seat with a person without asking them, if you're an admin.

Admin/host priority could work too.

The thing is, this really wouldn't work in a situation where what previous/next seat is isn't that clearly visible.

Guess the number of the mount, lol. But isn't the driver always 0?

I mean for the users themselves.

Guess the number of the mount, lol. But isn't the driver always 0?
If you use getMountNodeObject yes

The code to do this wouldn't be difficult, but I'm not sure how the functionality would work. It's easy if you have just a two person vehicle, you can have a single "swap" key. But throwing in more than two seats complicates things, because you need to be able to select which seat you want, which isn't easy without a clientside GUI.

No.
Admins should be given abilities that enable them to administrate a server. Not gamemode advantages or "I can claim whatever role I want because I'm special"
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 08:50:34 AM by Headcrab Zombie »

You could have prev/next seat work as usual, but if the seat is occupied, swap the players.

If you have more than 2 people on a vehicle, now you'll have to solve a puzzle to get everyone in the correct spot :D

You could have prev/next seat work as usual, but if the seat is occupied, swap the players.
You'll need some sort of accepting system, otherwise people will just be stealing each other's seats and causing arguments.
And once you do that, you'll run into problems like "seats 0 and 2 can't switch because 1 and 3 are between them and don't want to switch"
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 09:42:49 AM by Headcrab Zombie »

And once you do that, you'll run into problems like "seats 0 and 2 can't switch because 1 and 3 are between them and don't want to switch"

switch 0 and 1, then 1 and 2, then 0 and 1 again

now it's a puzzle game!

No.
Admins should be given abilities that enable them to administrate a server. Not gamemode advantages or "I can claim whatever role I want because I'm special"

The entire reason for the preference is so that you aren't able to do it whenever you want or by accident, only in situations that require it. I guess a preference doesn't matter much if you are able to just enable it. I didn't really think of this at the time, but I also guess just one of the easier solutions would be to just to use a slay command mod on a person that is using a vehicle in a way that is not allowed or is detrimental to the gameplay of the server.

but I also guess just one of the easier solutions would be to just to use a slay command mod on a person that is using a vehicle in a way that is not allowed or is detrimental to the gameplay of the server.
Most such situations should be fixed by making a better build/gamemode, so the only things I can think of would be glitching through the build because of stuffty vehicle physics. In which case yeah, a /kill or /fetch would be much easier and much more useful

What if you would "select" what seat you wanted to change to via next or previous seat (clientside feedback to which mount node, such as bottom print or center print), then hitting something like numpad 0 would attempt a jump to that seat? If the seat is occupied, you'd get a swap request, and if accepted, you'd swap seats.

Pressing numpad 0 when selected on your own seat would either do nothing or tell you what seat you're currently in.

Only issue is memorizing where on the vehicle your seat is, but you'd have that problem before you got on anyways.

What if you would "select" what seat you wanted to change to via next or previous seat (clientside feedback to which mount node, such as bottom print or center print), then hitting something like numpad 0 would attempt a jump to that seat? If the seat is occupied, you'd get a swap request, and if accepted, you'd swap seats.

Pressing numpad 0 when selected on your own seat would either do nothing or tell you what seat you're currently in.

Only issue is memorizing where on the vehicle your seat is, but you'd have that problem before you got on anyways.

But hitting next/previous seat should already automatically select that seat/request swapping to that seat?