Author Topic: Shared name bricks  (Read 1674 times)

If you do a lot of collaborative building and eventing among a few people, you know the frustration of not being able to event with other peoples name bricks (assuming you have trust of course)
Is this possible?

It's possible, but can't you just grant full trust to whoever you want to collab with?

It's possible, but can't you just grant full trust to whoever you want to collab with?
please read the thread

It would be possible but it would require a "branch" off of the brick system to avoid remaking it.

From a coder perspective, I'd say name a brick with the prefix "S_" to be added to a special brickgroup which everyone with your full trust has access to and event the brick from there. The only complication I see would have the event GUI see it.

Just give everyone the same brickgroup and you're done.

Just give everyone the same brickgroup and you're done.
But then anyone can destroy anyone's bricks.

But then anyone can destroy anyone's bricks.

You can already do that with full trust.

give bricks sub-id blid's and use that to check ownership and whether or not you can use their named bricks

You can already do that with full trust.
not everybody has full trust with every other person

« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 07:24:20 AM by Marios »

not everybody has full trust with every other person
if you can't trust someone in a collaborative build project then that's entirely on you.

this would be a humongous help for new years

if you can't trust someone in a collaborative build project then that's entirely on you.
or, you know, maybe someone just doesn't want to disallow other people from joining their server while they work on something

i dont wanna be that guy

but im gonna be that guy

just set a password on your server

just set a password on your server
right, but like I just said, not everyone wants to keep everyone else out while they build

right, but like I just said, not everyone wants to keep everyone else out while they build
well that's their fault then