Script: Basic Client to Admin Chat

Author Topic: Script: Basic Client to Admin Chat  (Read 3653 times)

Based on this idea in the Suggestions:

If there is a rulebreaker then someone goes "/admin this guy is griefing" and it sends a message and audio alert only to admins.

This script allows a standard server player (non-admin) to communicate to Admins only in the game.
In-game, players can use the following:

Non-Admins (Sending an initial message) -
/adminMsg [message]

Admins (Replying)
/adminMsg [player-name OR Blockland-ID] [message] - Sending A Message
/adminMsgTog [player-name OR Blockland-ID] - Allowing/Disallowing a player to use the /adminMsg

If the player's name has spaces, replace the spaces with underscores (User Name would be User_Name)
But if there isn't another player with a similar name, you can just type their first part of their name (before the space) and the script will find them.

The help command is useful if you forget what you need to write for it to work,
/adminMsgHelp

Also, this mod can be used as an admin chat. If you're an admin and you type your own name into the [player-name], it'll just loop back to every admin on the server.

File: http://cloud.mytt.co.uk/lava/files/Script_BasicAdminPM.zip
Installation (Server Hosts):
Put the ZIP file into the add-ons folder and enable it in the Add-Ons list.

EDIT: Just a side-note, this is a very basic script. It's nothing too fancy and I doubt it ever will be.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 12:35:47 PM by BI0-Hazzard »

so if i'm sending a message to an admin who has spaces in their username, do i use underscores?

so if i'm sending a message to an admin who has spaces in their username, do i use underscores?
Good shout, you don't need the full name of the player for it to pick it up.

Sending a message with this as a non-admin, you don't need to specify a target for the message to go to, it sends it to all admins.

Sending a message as an admin back to a standard player, it will detect the first word or few letters of their name.

Sending a message as an admin back to a standard player, it will detect the first word or few letters of their name.
What if I want to send the message to User B, but there is another user named User A?
I'd suggest adding a function to send by BL_ID, or support replacing underscores with spaces for names.

What if I want to send the message to User B, but there is another user named User A?
I'd suggest adding a function to send by BL_ID, or support replacing underscores with spaces for names.

Fair shout, code has been changed.
The script will replace underscores with spaces when searching for a user

/adminMsg User_Name [message] will send to player called: User Name

EDIT: File has been updated on the server, same link as above (http://cloud.mytt.co.uk/lava/files/Script_BasicAdminPM.zip)

What if the admin has some name with bullstuff unicode which is untypable with a standard keyboard like ßlöükfáce?

Mind adding in a nickname system or replacing the admin's name with its BL ID?

no stripMLControlChars, be aware people can spam fonts/colors/etc.
no cooldown period on sending messages, easily abusable

cmooonnnn this is basic abuse prevention :(

no stripMLControlChars, be aware people can spam fonts/colors/etc.
no cooldown period on sending messages, easily abusable

cmooonnnn this is basic abuse prevention :(

Included those points into the script! Tried & tested, standard players can only send one /adminMsg every 2 seconds and stripMLControlChars are in place. Thanks for pointing that out!

The download target has been updated.

Edit: The script will also now send the message to either a player name or Blockland ID, instead of just detecting their name.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 11:14:53 PM by BI0-Hazzard »

What if the admin has some name with bullstuff unicode which is untypable with a standard keyboard like ßlöükfáce?

Mind adding in a nickname system or replacing the admin's name with its BL ID?
ID would be very nice.

ID would be very nice.

You can use either Player name or ID, that was in the last update!

You a real one thanks
You're welcome.

This might seem like a bit extra, but being able to mute and/or outright ban users from reporting, or putting a time limit on the next time you can send an admin a message if you aren't an admin.

This might seem like a bit extra, but being able to mute and/or outright ban users from reporting, or putting a time limit on the next time you can send an admin a message if you aren't an admin.

The admin message has a 2 second flood protection limit, I probably won't add a mute/ban to it because there is already a mute mod and other stuff available here

The admin message has a 2 second flood protection limit, I probably won't add a mute/ban to it because there is already a mute mod and other stuff available here
he was talking about making it so that you could make certain people not able to report for certain reasons

he was talking about making it so that you could make certain people not able to report for certain reasons

Ah, yeah. I hadn't long woken up after I read that. I've updated the add-on (link is updated). You can use /adminMsgTog [target] to allow/disallow a player. This is also by player name or player blockland ID.