Author Topic: Conan's Warhawk TDMs [New Map: Badlands Territory] [updated 5/17/16]  (Read 6112 times)

WARHAWK TDM MAPS

Inspired by maps from the 2008 game Warhawk, and TheBlackParrot's post in CTF is Awesome, these map was designed with team gameplay in mind. Players start at a large base equipped with various vehicles, and have to work together to win.

The server boasts edited jeep, tank, and plane vehicles, and a fixed version of Weapon_Bombs as well as a vehicle-only minigun item. The weaponset in use is vanilla T+T2, with the pipe wrench added as a way to repair vehicles. Flag carriers cannot ride planes either, for balance reasons.
Note that some of the changes may be unexpected, but are made with fast gameplay in mind. I'm trying to steer away from 5 minute long 1v1 dogfights and more into 30 seconds territory.

Hosting provided courtesy of DragonoidSlayer. Ty bruh <3

ARCHIPELAGO CTF

Duke it out on top of various islands and attempt to capture the enemy intel! 7 capturable forward bases bases stand between Red and Blue, each with various perks like vehicles or weapons in them. The center base dominates the map, boasting the strongest weapon in the game: the LMG.

The highly linear nature means players have to work together to get the flag through - the central base is key to controlling the flag position. Air support lets players soften the enemy defenses and draw their attention away, or backcap a key respawn point for their team to flank from.
BADLANDS TERRITORY

Ground combat gets intense in this semi-linear conquest-style map, where a team needs to control 4 out of 5 points for 4 minutes to win the game. Tanks are abound on the map, but wary players can take cover in the various structures, or flank enemies on top of towers.

The map is defined by persistent, intense ground combat, usually at the front between the two teams' most forward bases. The team controlling the center gets access to the powerful LMG, and the only two aerial vehicles on the map - two helicopters. However, unlike Archipleago, the center base is prone to assault, due to its size, and a coordinated push can dislodge a strong defense.

Download [Non-Default Addons, Save]

Download [Saves]

For hosts:
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 11:45:51 AM by Conan »

a little backstory about this picture, me and You (along with Boba Fett) were testing the map, when he managed to get our flag. I forgot about that for awhile until i decided i was gonna fly a plane straight into their base. I noticed a window and decided "man it would be cool if i could fly straight inside it" until i saw You walking straight to the flag capture point. my mind just went "k doing it" and flew straight through the window, blocking the flag capture and one-shotting him. it was purely amazing.

Inspired by the Warhawk map (part of it pictured here)
I'm gonna go off on a slight tangent here but holy stuff dude that game was so awesome when it was alive and well, might've been my first online multiplayer experience actually
man I would've ranked up a lot more but one of the few early ranks had some requirement that I didn't know how to fulfill at the time but man I still had a blast fighting and customizing stuff
I even hosted a few times and I remember one time it was a full house and I was so proud of myself
I loved the badlands map and the archipelago was my second favorite

and this is awesome as well dang nice, since I probably won't be able to make it to the server I can at least look forward to the save and stuff being released

looks 10/10, glad i built it

Thats an amazing map!

Damn that looks good.

Tezuni has inspired a lot of CTFs
I created that thread and then created my own CTF...
NOW WE'RE COMPETITORS AND YOU HAVE A BETTER MAP AND I AM SAD.

...How do you design and build a good map? Where do you start when building a map?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 02:18:09 PM by SuperSuit12 »

this looks incredible

i am super pumped

if you need hosting i'll provide
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 02:29:43 PM by Gytyyhgfffff »

actually I might be able to make it, when'll ya host it anyhow?

actually I might be able to make it, when'll ya host it anyhow?
right now!!!!!!!!!

i'm using drag's server hosting service, courtsey of him. initially TBP was gonna host it (idk who he gets his servers from) but he wasn't on so i decided to just use the one i have access to.

props to drag for providing the server - really was a big help even though i didn't originally plan on hosting on his.