Poll

Winner

Kobewarrior
1 (100%)
_
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: [BUILD CONTEST] Zombie Map (Kobewarrior WINS!)  (Read 7378 times)

I'm holding a building contest for a Black Ops styled zombie map. It starts today and goes on until April 14th. The prize will be a Blockland authentication key(if there's enough interest in this then I might make that the runner up prize and have the prize be a steam game of $15 or below).
I might bring in a couple more judges later and/or put the best builds up to public voting.

Prize
Blockland Authentication Key(if there's enough interest in this then I might make that the runner up prize and have the prize be a steam game of $15 or below)

Rules
You can either make one of the zombie maps from Black Ops(except for Nacht der Untoten and Nuketown because they're too small), or you can make your own map in the style of the Black Ops zombie maps.
Try not to use too many non-default brick add-ons.
You can use any colorset you want to.
Don't make the map too absurdly open.
If you're making a custom map make some wider open areas and some more enclosed ones.
Must be close to in-between 10k ish and 40k ish bricks. Exceptions can be made based on how good the build is.
Include unseeable spots for zombies to spawn and then walk into the map from. Include things like a window, hole, etc. for zombies to go through to get into the map.

Submission Form
Quote from: Submission Form
Build Name:
Brick Count:
Screenshot(s):
Save File:
Colorset:
Required Add-Ons:
Post your submissions in this topic. Please don't make screenshots too large. You can also just post a link to an album of your screenshots. You only need a few screenshots. You can post a DL link to the save or attach it to your post. You can also PM me the save file if you'd like to do that instead for whatever reason.

Contest Ends: April 30th, 2016.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 07:02:05 AM by jes00 »

I wish I could build good :( I can only make a house that's like the demo

Ayy. I made 3 zombie maps back in that day. I'll post them when I get home..(if they are not lost.)

Does this include things like working juggernaut perks and teleporters or nah?

Blockhead31735 has a pretty good zombie map

Does this include things like working juggernaut perks and teleporters or nah?
This is a good question, do you want it tailored to work like the black ops maps or for a bl gamemode like endless zombies?

I don't think it matters for working events or the look of it, it's probably the quality and size he wants.

I don't think it matters for working events or the look of it, it's probably the quality and size he wants.
This.

I'm working on a black ops zombie gamemode for Blockland. Perk machines and such will be provided by me.

I guess there's not enough interest in this?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 04:07:07 PM by jes00 »

i've been looking to building something like this eventually. i can't tell who the previous authors of the last posts are but judging from that, this is going to be a custom mod? if that's the case, i might highly consider contributing if i can.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 07:29:37 AM by Kobewarrior »

Yeah. I've already got quite a bit of work done on it.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 04:07:13 PM by jes00 »

sounds great. yeah i'll probably plan something out and see to it

For the sake of ease, would an extremely good map using common and default add ons get rewarded high. I just don't want to use loads of add ons and cause everyone to frantically download them as locating them may be difficult!

I'm highly interested and am building the map asap!

Thanks for posting this great contest!

Blockland Authentication Key
on steam or normal
because if it's normal then I'm in, I need an alt that can host dedi properly!
edit: heck, I'm in if it's steam-only, I can set up an alt and host it with that

I have no chance of winning

I don't really know what Black Ops maps are like, just making a rainy map with some cool events and stuff.

Do secrets get bonus points?

I'm using:
-Gravity Cat's raycast, special, and explosive.
-Horizontal Poles and Adapters (which includes normal vertical poles)
-Curved corners
-Slayer

that a short enough list for you? I'm wanting to try out some techniques I learned from default maps and a few challenge map screenshots I saw, so I don't need a load of bricks for that.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 01:51:22 PM by SuperSuit12 »

No he gives you an actual key (non-steam), you can still link it if you don't have blockland on steam, if you don't want bl he can buy you a different game