Author Topic: Have not logged-in in two years. How are things with the game and community?  (Read 3663 times)

Hi everyone. I'm not sure of who the forum regulars are today but some of you might know me as a semi-regular poster from two to four years ago. I was also an admin on Pecon7's boss battles, but I have not been on the server since March 2014. This was my last post before this one:

What happened with me between the time of that post and this one is a long story and numerous things happened, but a summary would suffice for this post. I went to boarding school in a different state where I had no internet access, and "for the next few months" turned out to be closer to a year. I also never visited home during that time. After being in isolation for most of 2014, I left the boarding school near the end of the year, but I did not set up my computer until months later. Between getting my old and new items organized and returning to school back home, I used my brother's computer to play games. Then I eventually set up my computer and played some new and old steam games on and off during the remainder of the that time. I never played BL, but eventually decided to return to the forum and game community on March 25, 2016 (today), which was the 2-year mark since I went to boarding school.

I know I missed a lot of culture wars / trends, and I certainly changed a lot in my beliefs and personality since I left for boarding school. I know Gamergate was a big happening during that time for internet discussion circles, and now we have the US 2016 election coming up. Before I left these forums, the big happenings on BL were the drama between Kalphiter and Ephialtes, the steam integration, and the closure of RTB as a service and a platform.

I lurked here a few times (without logging in) since I returned from boarding school, but I did not do enough lurking to determine how the forum community operates today. So my question to you all is what has changed on the forums and the game so far that is important for me to know? Is the BL community still mostly like it was in 2012 or 2013?

stuffs only gotten worse
aka same as usual

Bl is still dying as per usual

Same starfish, same stuff, different day. Betelgeuse Self Deleted, Taboo/Kishgal is ban on sight, I have been permanently banned, Nightfox was permanently banned and now Foxcrotch, Squartle is now Fred forgetstone, Badspot began being somewhat active with the forumers, this is what comes to my mind.

Bl is still dying as per usual
stuffs only gotten worse
aka same as usual

So a similar situation, different people? People have been saying BL was dying for the past five years.

Same starfish, same stuff, different day. Betelgeuse Self Deleted, Taboo/Kishgal is ban on sight, I have been permanently banned, Nightfox was permanently banned and now Foxcrotch, Squartle is now Fred forgetstone, Badspot began being somewhat active with the forumers, this is what comes to my mind.

Betelgeuse an heroed IRL? What did Taboo and the other permabans do?

well I got banned but you missed my original acc don't look for it though it's garbage

I was involved in probably the most stupidest permanent ban in existance. Last laugh on an already-resolved drama topic.
Squartle was banned for stuffposting.
Nightfox for posting research with a rot13 encoding.
Taboo picked up fights with everyone.
Betelgeuse spammed gore and research.
Custardo spammed gore and research as well.

did he miss the purge too
rip mus

the forums are now a breeding grounds for autistic habits and memes

well I got banned but you missed my original acc don't look for it though it's garbage
you know for someone who says they're really embarrassed about their old posts you sure do talk about them a lot

you know for someone who says they're really embarrassed about their old posts you sure do talk about them a lot
because I'm embarrassed about them
I'm also SUPER gay

So a similar situation, different people? People have been saying BL was dying for the past five years.
Blockland is like a Shakespeare character, it is dying, but it will take awhile as it had not yet finished its monologue.

I was involved in probably the most stupidest permanent ban in existance. Last laugh on an already-resolved drama topic.
Squartle was banned for stuffposting.
Nightfox for posting research with a rot13 encoding.
Taboo picked up fights with everyone.
Betelgeuse spammed gore and research.
Custardo spammed gore and research as well.

If these are accurate these bans are sensible with the rules.

did he miss the purge too
rip mus

The purge?

They have always been. Especially with the Kaphost / RTB host drama.

Blockland is like a Shakespeare character, it is dying, but it will take awhile as it had not yet finished its monologue.

Was it said if the game will ever see an engine update?

You are pretty much just in time to see Emo Freak (Tenshi) become BoS, along with Taboo and Betel.
Same BLF, different day.
Its always been a breeding ground for autistic habits and memes, that much hasnt changed

The purge?
badspot banned about 8 people in a row
I can't remember which thread