Author Topic: Hyper Light Drifter  (Read 2582 times)

Humble | $19.99 $17.99 | Steam

Heart Machine's debut title Hyper Light Drifter is an action adventure RPG about a Drifter, collector of forgotten knowledge, trying to find a cure for their bizarre sickness. Combat is intense, allowing you to combo multiple enemies with your sword, gun, and warp dash. Clear out rooms of enemies, evade deadly traps, and search for secrets. You can purchase upgrades using tokens from defeating enemies and finding numerous secret areas to improve your weapons and skills. The game shares a similar atmosphere with games like Anodyne and Fez (in fact sharing the same musician as the latter), and could be described as a "surreal Zelda". Hyper Light Drifter speaks almost exclusively in pictures, so a lot of things are up to you to figure out, including what you're capable of. If the art didn't already impress you, check out the links above and see it in beautiful motion.

(Note: If you have trouble using your controller, try switching to the beta build via Steam properties)

Oh boy, another extremely pixel-ey RPG!
But in all seriousness this sounds pretty neat, but the name would be more fitting for a racing game

been playing it for 40 minutes and i love it already

but it is very difficult for some reason...

i just bought it, pretty hype

But in all seriousness this sounds pretty neat, but the name would be more fitting for a racing game
Indeed, however drifter is synonymous with wanderer, and Hyper Light Wanderer wouldn't sound as nice.

It's a beautiful game

My god listen to the thing http://music.disasterpeace.com/track/vignette-the-lamb
Listen to it
I am buy now
it's the guy who made the music for FEZ

holy stuff this game is HARD

hoooo i want this. looks amazing

ive played for like 4 hours and im in love

I may or may not be obsessed with this song

Also I beat the game, I'm going to start going back and doing the other stuff
Hardest boss battles I've ever done

yeah i'm stuck on the first boss in the mountains

yeah i'm stuck on the first boss in the mountains
I can't beat him on new game +