I'm got a surface 3

Poll

Surface 3 storage

64GB - £377
1 (50%)
128GB - £450
1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: I'm got a surface 3  (Read 2752 times)

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/microsoft-surface-3-64-gb-10137395-pdt.html

It's basically a replacement tablet for my iPad 2, except I think I'll get more use out of this than an iPad. The iPad was good, I loved it while it was still working but now it's not. I want input from anyone that's uses one, is it worth it? Or should I look at other alternatives?

so it arrived 2 days ago and I've been experimenting a bit with it, it's definitely got what it takes to browse the internet and stuff but I'm wanting to see what more I can do with it
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 04:22:13 AM by Maxwell. »

my mom gave me her surface pro and its really nice so id assume the surface 3 is also really nice

It is definitely worth it.

i really really really like how my asus laptop can fold into a touchscreen tablet so yeah i would imagine this would be pretty sweet

what do you guys use your surfaces for? I'm kind of worried I'll buy this and not use it for what it's worth

Does it have the x86 capabilities (or whatever it's called)? If not, might be worth investing more for that since it can act as a laptop and a tablet

My Surface Pro 4 came in today, so i can give you a good opinion. honestly, if youre looking to replace a tablet, get a tablet. the surface is trying to be more than a tablet. not to mention the almost required keyboard doesnt come with it which is an extra 150 EUR (for me).
if youre looking to actually use it for e.g school, then do so. it master that bit. as an artist and a 3D modeler, this thing is all i could ever wish for.

My Surface Pro 4 came in today, so i can give you a good opinion. honestly, if youre looking to replace a tablet, get a tablet. the surface is trying to be more than a tablet. not to mention the almost required keyboard doesnt come with it which is an extra 150 EUR (for me).
if youre looking to actually use it for e.g school, then do so. it master that bit. as an artist and a 3D modeler, this thing is all i could ever wish for.
that sounds like the route I'm going down in a few years time, I'm in no way doing that stuff right now cause high school but I think tablets like the ipad have too much limited functionality for me now.

Does it have the x86 capabilities (or whatever it's called)? If not, might be worth investing more for that since it can act as a laptop and a tablet
I'd assume it runs 64 bit, it's got 4 gigs
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 12:05:55 PM by Maxwell. »

what do you guys use your surfaces for? I'm kind of worried I'll buy this and not use it for what it's worth
doodling
emulation and low-mid end gaming
schoolwork
videos

It's CPU is x86_64 so yes, it runs the same stuff as your desktop. It's just an Atom though so don't expect to do much with it.

I use mine for Civ V, content (IE TV and Movies), portable web browsing, and school. I take notes with it in onenote.

Overall I love it a ton. Totally go for it

I'll look more into it then, thanks

it's mostly gonna be used as w portable computer so not a whole lot of power is needed, but if it can play civ v then that'd be good too lol

I'll look more into it then, thanks

it's mostly gonna be used as w portable computer so not a whole lot of power is needed, but if it can play civ v then that'd be good too lol
Don't expect max graphics, but it can totally play it.

Not meant for gaming, but I love mine.