Author Topic: Welcome to a more secure BLF.  (Read 3247 times)

I didnt realize 100 bucks is expensive lmao

Like literally this wouldn't of happened if badspot gave a single stuff about his projects
What exactly happened for badspot to change it

well, TLS certificates are pretty expensive. usually around $100 a year
as of recently there are free options... but badspot has apparently decided to go with Comodo anywayit still works, but the avatars don't use a secure connection (in this case), so your browser won't show the green lock
something to note is that bloxcity has a certificate on every single page of their site

and i still cant change my damn avatar

So can someone explain to me what changed, idk about this stuff.
Badspot made his website 2005 compatible

Hoax sights are more up to date than this lmfao

https://letsencrypt.org
Yee, the computer security professor at my University is actually part of that company.

well, TLS certificates are pretty expensive. usually around $100 a year
as of recently there are free options... but badspot has apparently decided to go with Comodo anyway
Free options are never good for anything beyond small testing projects.

Whatever at least its finally happened

Whatever at least its finally happened
Was there an event that drove him to do this or did he finally just decide to do it.

Nope, it's free and backed by big companies. The EFF is actually picking up the project soon I guess.

Was there an event that drove him to do this or did he finally just decide to do it.
Several peoples accounts got stolen

jesus came down and was like "bro if you don't change your outdated stuff I'm sending you to the coal mines"

something to note is that bloxcity has a certificate on every single page of their site

they use letsencrypt, which is free, so that doesn't really say anything. letsencrypt is recent, and evidently badspot doesn't even know about it (or why the heck would he use comodo)
lol

it's pathetic that it takes an event like this to get Badspot off his ass and update his own project.
Smh
i dont really think there was a huge need to spend hundreds of dollars an https cert until now but okay