Welcome to a more secure BLF.

Author Topic: Welcome to a more secure BLF.  (Read 3245 times)

Except there's not and its all based on opinion.
well... there is. the point in a certificate authority is that browsers trust it. and browsers trust letsencrypt. like, that is objective fact. I can prove that to you by going to any website that uses letsencrypt as their CA, and seeing that it is, in fact, trusted. you can also prove it to yourself that way. the fact that it's free doesn't change anything
even if you're still wary for some reason, several very big companies support it, like Mozilla, Cisco, and Google. each of those, along with three more, are "platinum" sponsors, which means they've donated a minimum of $300,000 already. obviously, letsencrypt is trustworthy

trying to discourage people from using something like letsencrypt because you like the idea of "premium" products is completely absurd. if you want to spend $100 every year for no reason, go ahead, but don't try to scare everyone else away from letsencrypt too
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=295993.0
welcome to blf
it's safer here
using TLS won't change anything if they already had the password for the account. it's a preventative measure, and there's no way for badspot to know who's already been affected
changing your password is definitely a good idea

Was typing this into the "who played bloxcity" thread but it got deleted before I got the chance to post it:

Not likely to happen.

A more probable solution is to force a password reset on everyone or something.

Also going to mention I was going to say this:

I have no idea when there was a minimum password length set to 8.
I had mine 5 long...

Welp. Might be going through a old password list tbh.