[Blogland] Today I nearly died because of mint tea shower gel.

Author Topic: [Blogland] Today I nearly died because of mint tea shower gel.  (Read 1589 times)

So this morning I was in the shower and I saw that we'd ran out of block-type soap. "Oh well, no worry, I'll just use this mint tea shower gel as a bodywash instead."
Now for the record, I have used mint tea shower gel before (and I am aware of it's tingling/numbing sensation) but only ever as a shampoo, never to wash my body with.
So I began rubbing it onto my face, and a little bit of the lather/foam went up my nose. Now during this, I guess I forgot to breath since I closed my mouth so I wouldn't eat any of the shower gel. Anyway, so I suddenly gasped for air and I managed to inhale all of the foam up my nose. It felt instantly like my entire sinus system was burning, then I felt dizzy and passed out.

I woke up like five minutes later with-now freezing cold shower water spraying over my body. I managed to land on the drain hole, meaning another few minutes and the shower would have filled up and I probably would have drowned. My shoulder and back are pretty badly bruised, but I escaped without injuring myself badly. I'm still not exactly sure what happened, however apparently the mint tea could have had a strong enough a scent - and been far enough up my nose that it worked as an "incapacitating agent". Kind of like that chloroform thing you use on women.

Kind of like that chloroform thing you use on women.

is that really the first thing that comes to mind when you think of chloroform

is that really the first thing that comes to mind when you think of chloroform

Why wouldn't it be ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

meaning another few minutes and the shower would have filled up and I probably would have drowned.
what kind of shower cabin do you have that can fill up water-tight and also not have the water push the door open if it were to fill

what kind of shower cabin do you have that can fill up water-tight and also not have the water push the door open if it were to fill
well i was kind of on the floor, half face-first. it would have only had to flood a few more centimetres.

well i was kind of on the floor, half face-first. it would have only had to flood a few more centimetres.
oh like that, stuff.
good thing your shower ran out of hot water, otherwise idk if you wouldve been woken up lol

my shower doesnt get cold so id be dead

jfc that sounds horrifying

I always wash my face at the end of a shower, and with a proper face-wash. It doesn't lather up too much, so you're not really likely to be inhaling bubbles, or getting them stuck up your nose.

please next time actually die and come back to tell us if heaven or hell is real

there are many places with tubs + showers combined
ie hotels, some apartment buildings, older homes (from the 1800s ish)

there are many places with tubs + showers combined
ie hotels, some apartment buildings, older homes (from the 1800s ish)
My house only has a bathtub. It's only 40 years old, or less.
No one ever installed a shower cubicle is all.

i feel really bad but at the same time im laughing my ass off