Help me fix my broken network architecture so my ports will work

Author Topic: Help me fix my broken network architecture so my ports will work  (Read 1959 times)

Im staying at a relative's house for a week and I want to forward the ports so that I can host but I'm such an invalid and don't know what the forget is going on and I really would like some help please please

The router is a DLink DIR-655

here is the port forwarded page

I have a DHCP reservation under the IP 192.168.0.188 for my laptops mac address
and I can confirm my laptop's local ip is set to 192.168.0.188
with ip config

and the router's LAN page

Here are all of the other router page settings, I have tried turning different ones on and off in permutations and tried to disable all restrictions to no avail, I have set them mostly all back to default because everything I did didn't fix anything (click the images for larger size)

I believe there is a computer higher up on this hierarchy and I turn off all the firewall settings and gave inbound port rules on TCP and UDP
I'm not sure what to do and need to be walked through fixing this

thank you in advance whoever helps me

You did port forward correctly according to this:
http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Dlink/DIR-655/Blockland.htm

Maybe 2 things you can try that I can think off:
Turning off Mac Filtering.
It is tedious to set up and easy to breach, so not really worth it.

Turning off UPnP.
It is not really needed since you are port forwarding and it may interfere.

The link I gave also has a port forwarding test tool at the bottom.
It may be good idea to run it.

Within Blockland, disable UPnP.

You did port forward correctly according to this:
http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Dlink/DIR-655/Blockland.htm

Maybe 2 things you can try that I can think off:
Turning off Mac Filtering.
It is tedious to set up and easy to breach, so not really worth it.

Turning off UPnP.
It is not really needed since you are port forwarding and it may interfere.

The link I gave also has a port forwarding test tool at the bottom.
It may be good idea to run it.

I've been using the port check tool but have yet to see a green message for tcp or udp

Within Blockland, disable UPnP.

When trying to connect to my own server it only sends punch packets

and I get nothing through on my server

I think I have some sort of firewall issue but I don't know anything about this stuff

I've been using the port check tool but have yet to see a green message for tcp or udp

I think I have some sort of firewall issue but I don't know anything about this stuff
Blockland uses UDP so in the first image you should set the protocol to UDP instead of TCP
Also even if you port forwarded in the Router itself, you need to allow the port 28000 to accept UDP connections in the windows firewall. IF you dont, the packets routed by the router will just not go through

Blockland uses UDP so in the first image you should set the protocol to UDP instead of TCP
Also even if you port forwarded in the Router itself, you need to allow the port 28000 to accept UDP connections in the windows firewall. IF you dont, the packets routed by the router will just not go through
Also, I forgot to mention, you should allow the port 28000 for UDP in the windows Firewall for the computer hosting the server

Can you connect to other servers?

Well, try turning off your firewall.

It is also possible it has something to do with your ISP.
I heard AT&T has some problems with Blockland.

Also, I forgot to mention, you should allow the port 28000 for UDP in the windows Firewall for the computer hosting the server
both tcp and udp ports are open on my laptop

Can you connect to other servers?
yes
Well, try turning off your firewall.
I have all firewalls off on my computer and I tried turning mcafee and windows firewall off on the desktop computer that I think might be connected to the router?? but I'm not sure how to figure it out
It is also possible it has something to do with your ISP.
I heard AT&T has some problems with Blockland.
same provider as the provider that I host fine with at home

Your router also has firewall settings, it may be that the problem lies there.
Have you allowed Blockland on there?

This link should help you if you haven't:
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r20976914-Help-Me-Opening-ports-on-DIR-655

When trying to connect to my own server it only sends punch packets

You cannot (and should not) connect to your own server via Internet.
Connect by IP and type 127.0.0.1
To know if outside connections can connect, you'll need someone else to try connecting.

Connect by IP and type 127.0.0.1
To know if outside connections can connect, you'll need someone else to try connecting.
or click on the LAN server list and connect to your server that way

What are you talking about? I always connect to my server from the server list (as does everyone else) and it works just fine.

ok so like there is the dlink that broadcasts the signal and there appears to be a primary router above the dlink in hierarchy but I have no idea how to access it

I'm assuming this is probably the problem

That is a modem, I believe.

What are you talking about? I always connect to my server from the server list (as does everyone else) and it works just fine.
Odd, from my experience, and from a few others, this didn't work. Though it doesn't really make sense to go from your computer, router, modem, isp, back to the modem, router, then back to the same computer when you could just do a local connection.