An old photo from the last day of having maps on Blockland.

Author Topic: An old photo from the last day of having maps on Blockland.  (Read 4120 times)

I was exploring an old TinyPic account that I haven't used in at least three years or so and I found this specific picture. This picture is from the very last day of having maps on Blockland, from around August 2012. It was on Gravity Cat's Government vs Rebels server which was brilliant at the time, where everything felt a bit like Project Reality but with more people going solo.

This photo shows off one of Gravity Cat's unreleased projects and the map was his GSF Paradise edit that changed the water from an acidic green to a more realistic shade of blue.

They were good times.

Oh god.
no don't do this to me now
I JUST STARTED TO COPE

I ended a really long BL hiatus just days before maps hit the can. I still have a save or two that are now never going to load properly :\

There's a whole 32 polygons in that lump of an island in the picture

I do wish we had more drivable boats, though

Ah, great times. I remember my last day was spent alone on a really cool Autumn map and I spent at least half an hour riding the Snail vehicle. Maps hold many good memories for me haha

Yeah, there's two sad things there, the irremovable phantom memory of maps, but also Danny Wells :c

Some say Hydralisk was abandonded, still wandering maps to this day, never to be heard from again...

Augh.... it burns.....

too bad this game wont ever be fun again

woah there partner

inb4 blockland in garry's mod
i actually just had the idea of a blockland gamemode in garry's mod, actually, when i saw this

That's something only a weeb would say.

when maps were gone it impacted the community alot despite there still being servers
the playercount started to die out and i feel that maps could have been still incorporated along with shadows and shaders
there are static shapes but the developer stopped working on them and he never really explained how the bedroom was created, leaving us in the dark
even though they were not used alot it was still a critical gameplay feature that really added to the "you're a lego guy" feel of the game
i still have memories of loading up bedroom in 2011 and its hard to cope with just shadows and shaders