Author Topic: Recommendations please: A realistic multiplayer shooter.  (Read 1989 times)

The kind of game where if you take a few rounds, you're dead.

Something like Rising Storm/Red Orchestra, or Verdun.
Modern or period, I don't mind.

Preferably something kind of recent.

War thunder isn't a shooter but if you get shot in the wing you feel it, it's also free

The kind of game where if you take a few rounds, you're dead.

Something like Rising Storm/Red Orchestra, or Verdun.
Modern or period, I don't mind.

Preferably something kind of recent.

Anything Rainbow Six

It's a fun squad-based, tactical shooter series that stole my heart back when they made vegas. Should try it sometime.

Arma 3, play KOTH or any other mode that isn't an RP mode and you'll know fury when you are dying to 1 shot guns from 600m away, or
Anything Rainbow Six

Get Rainbow six franchise and play them with your friends.

Alternatively you could try 'Squad' and hop on a max realism server. 

Someone needs to make a game where if you get shot once you die. Maybe you survive.

escape from tarkov when it comes out

Insurgency is good, and the devs are going to release an updated UE4 version sometime 2017.
Siege is trying to attract the competitive shooter crowd and isn't as realistic as prior releases in the series. It's better than Vegas in the realism department though.

Someone needs to make a game where if you get shot once you die. Maybe you survive.

thats basically insurgency. not a lot of fun IMO since you really don't get to do a whole lot
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 08:18:14 PM by Dreams_Of_Cheese »

Arma series is pretty realistic, and Squad is similar.

Rainbow Six Siege is a little less realistic but still pretty good. Punishes you for your mistakes, and bullets hurt like a bitch

Running with rifles is top-down and very comical, but you die really fast

thats basically insurgency. not a lot of fun IMO since you really don't get to a whole lot
lol what? you do get to a a whole lot if 1) you're not stupid, and don't go charging headfirst into enemy fire, and 2) if you use smokes, cover, and heavy armor effectively. i've pulled off 20 killstreaks regularly because i keep my head down, watch my flanks, and flank the enemy team when they stop shooting to reload/reposition themselves.

lol what? you do get to a a whole lot if 1) you're not stupid, and don't go charging headfirst into enemy fire, and 2) if you use smokes, cover, and heavy armor effectively. i've pulled off 20 killstreaks regularly because i keep my head down, watch my flanks, and flank the enemy team when they stop shooting to reload/reposition themselves.
not what i meant. in arma for example you have way greater options was far as how you want to play because of vehicles. insurgency is okay I guess, but its a little short on variety

SWAT 4 is a good, realistic multiplayer shooter(Both VS and COOP) but Gamespy has been dead for a while and the only places to get the games legally are on Amazon or Ebay

Use the Alternate Server Browser or Gameranger if you want to play SWAT 4 with others