Author Topic: Global Music  (Read 4838 times)

Global Music

Adds events to play per-client or per-mini-game music in 2D, globally. Does not require a pre-placed music brick or a client-sided add-on.

Client | setMusic | Music | Volume
MiniGame | setMusic | Music | Volume

Download Server_GlobalMusic.zip (1 KB) from justfilehosting.space.

This is also much better than System_2DMusic so pls delete that

<3 this add-on.
Thanks Port.

Hey Port, could I use this for Server_v2DMusic?

I'll be glad to implement it.

wish there was a way to just rig up server music without minigames, so freebuilds and stuff can have audio.

wish there was a way to just rig up server music without minigames, so freebuilds and stuff can have audio.
Well, in the case of freebuilds, people could just set their own music. Wouldn't really make sense to impose a server-wide loop on a freebuild.

How would you want it to work?

How is this possible? I've been told repeatedly for the past 6 years that looping music to individual clients required client mods.

How is this possible? I've been told repeatedly for the past 6 years that looping music to individual clients required client mods.

Sometimes someone finds a bug that can be exploited for something that was never supposed to be possible.

In this case, it seems 2d audioemitters aren't automatically scoped to all clients (even though they should!) so that can be exploited by manually scoping them to specific clients that should be hearing them.

And to avoid them from being scoped, he tossed them into farlands. If you sent a player to their location, they'd hear everyone's music.

That probably wouldn't ever happen under reasonable circumstances.