Author Topic: Can't join servers at college  (Read 606 times)

Hey everyone. For some reason, whenever I am at my dorm at school, all but usually 4-6 servers have --- ping and I have tried to join them anyway but it doesn't work.

Weirdly, When I go home on some weekends, all servers that would normally work are accessible. Luckily, the server I most go on, which is a passworded server my friend hosts, works almost all the time, but it's really lame when someone sends me a Steam message or something saying to check out a server and I simply can't play...

Does anyone know how to fix this? Or is it completely hopeless?

It's most likely hopeless since you don't have any right to access the router

It is common for public networks like dorms to have big restrictions.

There isn't much we can do, as the problem definitely lies in the network.
Which you can't access or modify.

So I am sorry to say, but it is hopeless.

Can you join servers, say, on tf2? this sounds like a very odd problem

my college doesnt port restrict so i can host and join servers freely. should check to make absolutely sure this restriction is intentional

Can you join servers, say, on tf2? this sounds like a very odd problem

my college doesnt port restrict so i can host and join servers freely. should check to make absolutely sure this restriction is intentional

Well, I don't play TF2, but I have yet to try another game other than with the main person I play Blockland with, so they all work, at least with him.

So I am sorry to say, but it is hopeless.

Well, I expected this. That's alright, thanks for helping, everyone. At least it will keep me from playing too much BL while I should be doing work.