Author Topic: TIME ONLY MOVES WHEN ONE GUY MOVES  (Read 2829 times)

What if while the controller ins't moving everyone can move but they just move at a slower pace since the controller inst moving like how it is in the game (if its still like that haven't looked at the game for awhile), while still having the afk checker.

I don't think people will like this because the controller has the advantage while the other team has no idea when the time will slow down

True, just a suggestion though.

What if the controller could move with an energy bar that isn't at zero or is recharging?

Like the energy bar will always refill at the same pace, but if you hit zero, it refills, but the bar is red.  When it gets back to 100%, it turns blue again, you can use it again, but if it turns red, you cannot use it.

And it recharges slower than it runs down.

This will work on a non-dedicated server:

Code: [Select]
$SuperHot::SchedLen = 50;

function SuperHotSched(%obj)
{
if(isEventPending($SuperHot::Sched))
{
cancel($SuperHot::Sched);
}
$SuperHot::Sched = schedule($SuperHot::SchedLen, 0, SuperHotSched, %obj);
if(!isObject(%obj))
{
%obj = localClientConnection.player;
if(!isObject(%obj))
{
setTimescale(1.0);
return;
}
}
%speed = vectorLen(%obj.getVelocity());
%timeFactor = mClampF(0.2 * %speed + 0.2, 0.2, 2.0);
setTimescale(%timeFactor);
}

SuperHotSched();

If you want to play around with that all you need to do is copy it and type eval(getClipboard()); into your console. Like others have said, I really don't think anyone but the host is going to enjoy it very much.

What if the controller could move with an energy bar that isn't at zero or is recharging?

Like the energy bar will always refill at the same pace, but if you hit zero, it refills, but the bar is red.  When it gets back to 100%, it turns blue again, you can use it again, but if it turns red, you cannot use it.

And it recharges slower than it runs down.
taking a spin on this:
leap jet player, but instead of jets, the player can right click to use up energy to temporarily turn the entire server in slow mo. max is like 1.5 seconds of slow mo, but enough to dodge say a rocket, or to muss with someone's aim, or to set up /make a perfect shot

to smoothen things out, it oculd use amade's code to gradually go from slow to fast and back, rather than instantly.

1.5s is almost too little, imo.  I was thinking 2-3.  Combining this with a script for the player disappearing could also be interesting.

Even though it's harder than it seems, I wish everything would fade to grayscale and gradually adjust to 120 fov when a player dips into time travel, and then fade back.

1.5s is almost too little, imo.  I was thinking 2-3.  Combining this with a script for the player disappearing could also be interesting.

Even though it's harder than it seems, I wish everything would fade to grayscale and gradually adjust to 120 fov when a player dips into time travel, and then fade back.
add a vignette effect, like bright blue or white or something.