[VIDEO] Block Wars: Episode IV - No Hope

Author Topic: [VIDEO] Block Wars: Episode IV - No Hope  (Read 10007 times)

this should go on the main website or the steam news, it's incredible that there's now an hour-long blockland movie that's actually quality

Im in the picture where it shows the inside of the theater :3

did han kill himself after the events of this film

did han kill himself after the events of this film
yea, he watched the movie right before he encountered kylo ren in episode 7

Good job! You made it where Han Solo shot first!

lol apparently you used the recording with the gore explosion for the purple guy where there is a tiny black mini figure jetting out of it

lol apparently you used the recording with the gore explosion for the purple guy where there is a tiny black mini figure jetting out of it

this, whats this Swholli?

This was really cool. A lot of fun to watch, and nice to something come together with so much effort put into it.

There were a few things I could criticise however, and I don't mean to cause offense with them. They were just minute things that hindered the film a little bit.
I think that you should have reshot a couple of scenes where you had issues with extras being available, such as the Death Egg scene where Vader is talking to the Moffs and officers. The officers flanking Vader regularly dissappear and reappear, presumably as the extras weren't there for all the recording.

Also, during the Jedi Mind Trick scene, some extra in the background just disappears on screen.

And I also think that some of the voice acting could have been just a little tighter. Han Solo was a little flat at times, and could have done with a bit more emotion on certain lines.
And while I really liked your Vader, I wasn't as keen on your Ben Kenobi. I think it just felt like a bit of a mis-match between character and voice.

But I had a lot of laughs while watching, and I'm just impressed that it's a full hour long.
If I had to give a movie rating, I'd give you a 7.5/10! I'll be recommending it to other friends who play Blockland!

We left him in because it was like his soul escaped from his body. It was mostly a goofy bl visual prank.

-snip-

These are all valid criticisms. Though the scenes with the continuity errors were mainly left in due to time constraints. Obviously at this point my attitude toward the film after nine years was "the sooner done the better" and there a few small details that didn't get ironed out because of it.

Now as for the rest of it, in some defense of my actors, everyone should understand that all I did was give them a script amd have them read and record. They had no context other than the words on the page and had to imagine it themselves. What I plan to do with future productions on a scale like this (i.e. probably Block Wars sequels) is actually do the recording live over voice chat in like a table reading kind of setting, as that way I can direct the scenes as they should sound.

Basically I can say we all learned a lot making this thing and we can only improve from here, but for a first real effort and consideration the limitations of blockland I'm happy with the final product.

But yeah, good criticisms- they are obviously duly noted and being worked on in the future.

oh yea may the fourth be with you

>stealing jokes from family guy
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 01:24:39 PM by Rednakin »

Definitely be very happy with the finished product! It's a job very well done for an amateur personal project, with all it's constraints, and it proves you have the talent to write, direct and produce good material.
I hope you do continue with other projects like this, or even sequels. I'd love to join in however I can.
You can only improve from here!

is it too late to be boba fett?

;)