My computer is blue screening

Author Topic: My computer is blue screening  (Read 1601 times)

So I downloaded and started playing Dark Souls 3, and it was pretty laggy. I kind of expected it, because my brother's computer can't even start the game without crashing. It eventually got worse, to the point of being unplayable when I reached Vordt. So I got off the game and did other stuff on my computer for a while, and everything worked perfectly fine. Eventually, I had to leave to someone else's house, and my brother decides to use my computer to play Dark Souls 3. When I get back, he tells me that he played for about 5 minutes before the computer "locked up" right before the first boss. So I start using my computer after turning it back on again after I got back, and everything works fine for about 20 minutes, and then suddenly it blue screens. I turn my computer on again, and go about it business as usual, and about 15 minutes later it blue screens yet again.

So now I've run the computer in Safe Mode and run malwarebytes, and also ran the memory diagnostic tool. I got like 15 PuPs in Malwarebytes and nothing in the memory diagnostic tool.

Does anyone have an idea on how to prevent this from happening again? Something to note, is that the first time it blue screened for me, I was starting up MGSV, if that's relevant at all. My brother's saying that I probably just fried my graphics card since "I shouldn't have been able to run it in the first place."

You can try adjusting your monitor settings to reduce the blue levels.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

Find the screens with this and review their codes. May help you realize the problem.

You can try adjusting your monitor settings to reduce the blue levels.
forget

I expected blue screen to be in this thread

try PMing him before you make a whole drama jfc

good, now you get time off the internet

User was ignored for this post
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 02:21:06 AM by Starbound »

Good riddance, come back when you're not 13.

blue screen
Please follow the following, this information is crucial if I'm going to help you:

• Open the Event Viewer. On Windows 10, right click the start menu button and press "Event Viewer". In earlier versions, either use the search bar in the start menu to find "Event Viewer", or open Control Panel > Administrator Tools > Computer Management and press the "Event Viewer" item in the left-most pane.
  • In the Event Viewer, click the following in the left pane Custom Views > Administrative Events.
  • Do this for every event within a minute of the bluescreen: Click on each event, copy the contents of the box and send it in a PM to me.
  • Also please append a screenshot of the white box of all the events so that I can see the times, order and levels.

Also, frying video cards? Please. If you have an unsupported GPU, it'll generally just be very laggy, or the developers may even force the game to crash with an error that your hardware is not powerful enough. A Bluescreen indicates something more sinister in your system.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 02:36:12 AM by McJob »

I think you forgot to read the red text.

I think you forgot to read the red text.
Motherforgeter ought to be banned for being a stupid cunt.

so i have to travel back in time to when i was 14
5 years ago
ok

so i have to travel back in time to when i was 14
5 years ago
ok
Firstly, don't be a rooster and make your text unreadable.

Secondly, all of your posts have their air of somebody who hasn't gone past the mental age of a twelive. Look loving above at your post where you happily dismissed a guy who was loving asking for help because his system is forgeted. Is that supposed to be funny? Are you proud of yourself? loving idiot.

good job lol