5 (26.3%)
Keemstar
5 (26.3%)
H3H3
0 (0%)
Tumblr
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: What is the most cancerous fandom/community? [Poll reset]  (Read 10244 times)

really it depends on the time period.

I'm sad to say that Undertale is currently the most cancerous. But go back a few months before Undertale was released, and FNaF would be the most cancerous. Go back a year before FNaF was released, it was MLP that reigned cancer supreme. Minecraft is a bit omnipresent and spreading everywhere since 2009 and hasn't slowed down any, it just assimilates the current cancer into itself.

You will be assimilated into Borgcraft!

obviously you've never step foot in the 9gag community, those middle school motherforgeters make us look like the patron saints of the internet
I wasn't really aware that 9gag was considered a community.

really it depends on the time period.

I'm sad to say that Undertale is currently the most cancerous. But go back a few months before Undertale was released, and FNaF would be the most cancerous. Go back a year before FNaF was released, it was MLP that reigned cancer supreme. Minecraft is a bit omnipresent and spreading everywhere since 2009 and hasn't slowed down any, it just assimilates the current cancer into itself.
None of these communities have really changed.  It's just something else comes around and suddenly it's the "newest and coolest" thing to hate

I wasn't really aware that 9gag was considered a community.

Why would it not be considered a community...?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 11:37:56 AM by IkeTheGeneric »

Why would it not be considered a community...?
I don't know,  I just didn't think about it before

It's just something else comes around and suddenly it's the "newest and coolest" thing to hate
ok then whatever you say pal

ok then whatever you say pal

It's true though, most normal people consider things like undertale to be alright at worst, there's no justification for all the vitriolic hate some people seem to muster up for it other than the fact that it's garnered a lot of attention and they don't particularly like it.

Of course since expressing emotions takes more brain cells than some unfortunate nitwits have, the only way to truly show that they don't like something is to become incredibly angry about it - IE every time somebody has a furry / undertale / MLP / anime avatar and said nitwits have to point it out like it's their duty to. Fact of the matter is that nobody cares about how much you dislike things.

Of course I've been guilty of this very thing many times. I guess it took a bit of reflection to realize it's a huge waste of time to get really angry about things that other people like, because you're not going to change their mind on their interests and you pretty much push everyone away by being a negative stuff all the time
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 11:51:32 AM by IkeTheGeneric »

Why isn't there an 'all of the above' option
Because the question is which is THE MOST cancerous, not which fandoms/communities ARE cancerous.

I'm curious what makes one game's fandom bad,  but not another

I've seen loads of badly made/cringey videos of source games made in SFM/Garrys mod, including "research" videos, people constantly talking about league of legends (and Lol research). Crossing their content over with other content,  etc. Just generally doing the same things that people complain about FNaF or Undertale fans doing. But I've never heard complaints about these games.

But as soon as someone sees a single blocky character,  animatronic, or naked skeleton, they run around complaining how Minecraft,  FNaF, and Undertale fans are everywhere and there's so much research . When really they're just doing the same thing as everyone else.

It's true though, most normal people consider things like undertale to be alright at worst, there's no justification for all the vitriolic hate some people seem to muster up for it other than the fact that it's garnered a lot of attention and they don't particularly like it.

Of course since expressing emotions takes more brain cells than some unfortunate nitwits have, the only way to truly show that they don't like something is to become incredibly angry about it - IE every time somebody has a furry / undertale / MLP / anime avatar and said nitwits have to point it out like it's their duty to. Fact of the matter is that nobody cares about how much you dislike things.

Of course I've been guilty of this very thing many times. I guess it took a bit of reflection to realize it's a huge waste of time to get really angry about things that other people like, because you're not going to change their mind on their interests and you pretty much push everyone away by being a negative stuff all the time

tbh for me it wasn't really the fact that people liked undertale despite the fact that i think the critical acclaim for that game was largely exaggerated, but more the fact that it was every. goddamn. where. especially in places where it didn't even belong, like when people on this forum decided that it was a good idea to start using comic sans everywhere because "hehe ur going to experience an unpleasant moment..."

but more the fact that it was every. goddamn. where. especially in places where it didn't even belong
See: my above post. There's lot of games that people talk about everywhere and no one cares

like when people on this forum decided that it was a good idea to start using comic sans everywhere because "hehe ur going to experience an unpleasant moment..."
Undertale didn't invent comic sans. iirc the thread that started that didn't say "do this because undertale"

undertale
leafy is here
loving FURRIES

oh and five nights at freddy's fans are pretty irritating

I feel that other games are contained better and that is why they aren't deemed cancerous.