so hey how do u like school?

i love it
28 (11.2%)
it's aight
75 (30.1%)
>:(
146 (58.6%)

Total Members Voted: 249

Author Topic: night discussion topic i guess [night 1305]  (Read 2085266 times)

actually i feel like i should've said this more often long ago but i'll just do it now

this isn't stuffpost central so pls refrain from posting just senseless pics or words without context and instead post it in something like ylyl or something if u rly need to post it, cus this is a place to be chill and socialize and discuss things and talk about ur night not to regurgitate memes

that doesn't happen hardly at all anymore tho

but anyways speaking of discussing stuff how comfy is ur bed
my bed is pretty comfy but could always be comfier with u~
:thinking:

yo seth what kind of game did you design? is it publicly available?

yo seth what kind of game did you design?
well i had a more ambitious idea compared to the rest of the kids who were also making their own games, but i was planning on making some kind of 2d multiplayer dogfighting game with different planes with different stats and weapons and such, and i ended up making a game where u pick ur aircraft (with different stats and weapons and such) and fight the other aircraft controlled by ai that just kinda comes from the sides of the screen and chases and shoots at u
i actually made all the textures from scratch by myself using the built-in paint program the game making software had (not the best looking things they were pretty simplistic but i like to think i did pretty decently with the time we had c:), everyone else just used stuff the software came with
we used multimedia fusion 2 btw
is it publicly available?
nope, and sadly i don't think i have it anymore or i at least don't know where it is :c
it's not rly as good as i might make it seem altho there were like 3 "awards" at the end where they'd give u a chocolate bar and my game got 2 of the 3 lol
i remember i made one of the aircraft like a boeing and with no weapons but u could ram other planes for a large amount of damage
and like the background stages i made for each plane, like an airport runway for the rammer boeing and an aircraft carrier for the jet and like somewhere along a coast for a seaplane and u'd start off standing still and u'd have to "take off"
i am a lil proud of it even tho it's not too much C:

well i had a more ambitious idea compared to the rest of the kids who were also making their own games, but i was planning on making some kind of 2d multiplayer dogfighting game with different planes with different stats and weapons and such, and i ended up making a game where u pick ur aircraft (with different stats and weapons and such) and fight the other aircraft controlled by ai that just kinda comes from the sides of the screen and chases and shoots at u
i actually made all the textures from scratch by myself using the built-in paint program the game making software had (not the best looking things they were pretty simplistic but i like to think i did pretty decently with the time we had c:), everyone else just used stuff the software came with
we used multimedia fusion 2 btwnope, and sadly i don't think i have it anymore or i at least don't know where it is :c
it's not rly as good as i might make it seem altho there were like 3 "awards" at the end where they'd give u a chocolate bar and my game got 2 of the 3 lol
i remember i made one of the aircraft like a boeing and with no weapons but u could ram other planes for a large amount of damage
and like the background stages i made for each plane, like an airport runway for the rammer boeing and an aircraft carrier for the jet and like somewhere along a coast for a seaplane and u'd start off standing still and u'd have to "take off"

noooo how did you lose that? :(
Sounds pretty neat

noooo how did you lose that? :(
Sounds pretty neat
i think i forgot to get it when i switched laptops :(
and thx

Is there a way to search all of your own post from a specific thread? For the life of me I can't do

Is there a way to search all of your own post from a specific thread? For the life of me I can't do
not as far as i know nope
that would be helpful tho

also eyyy 100 votes on the poll which i'm never gonna bother to change for a while :)

we used multimedia fusion 2 btwnope, and sadly i don't think i have it anymore or i at least don't know where it is :c
'Tis a shame but such is life I guess.

I was going to go dig up the games I made a few years ago in HS computer programming, but this ended up being a list of things I've developed. I guess. Whatever.

From computer programming:
HyperJump - You are a rocket ship that spins constantly and can jump between nodes; make it to the goal! Includes a .gm81 file, and a .exe for Windows.
Zelda Battle - A multiplayer game where colored copies of Link fight each other. Unfortunately, I only have the .gm81 file, so if anyone has GameMaker, I would appreciate a conversion.

A game from even earlier:
Apoapsis - An endless series of deadly walls is heading towards you. Fortunately, they have gaps. Unfortunately, you can only move in polar coordinates. In .love format; I can probably compile for Windows or Linux if anyone's interested.

Some other game-related projects I made (or partly made):
Particle Simulator - A physics simulator thing. You can spawn and interact with various particles. Installation directions for Linux and Windows are on the page.
Power of Paint (GitHub) - A Minecraft mod for 1.10.2 that adds Portal 2 gels. It's functional, but unpolished, and most likely won't be updated.
FusionCorp (GitHub) - An abandoned browser clicker game. Not playable, and probably never will be.

You guys might be familiar with 8values, an online political quiz. It's just about the only successful thing I've developed.

Finally, there's the strategy game I talked about a few posts ago, tentatively titled Shadow State. I have a GitHub repository for it, but there's not much there at the moment. There's also some design work that's not on the repo.

Right sorry for the self-promotion but it's sort of on topic, right?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 05:11:19 AM by TristanLuigi »

When you've already gone to bed but you need a drink *sigh*