Quake, and its mission packs.

Author Topic: Quake, and its mission packs.  (Read 629 times)

Quake is my favorite game ever. I've recently discovered its (essentially) abandonware at this point. i beat the main game on nightmare and i am currently playing through the mission packs. Nothing like the smell of shambler guts and ogre blood in the morning.

/discuss

i always start playing and then quit the game around 5 maps in or so
ive never gotten past the 1st chapter and it annoys me, probably gonna reinstall it and try again

i always start playing and then quit the game around 5 maps in or so
ive never gotten past the 1st chapter and it annoys me, probably gonna reinstall it and try again
you can get a super-shotgun in the first map. After you leave the area you start in and pass through the outdoor middle zone, theres an area where bridge extends upon pushing a button. if you stand in the middle of the bridge, look to your left and jump you have access to a target button to shoot which will open a secret door where the fabled weapon lies.

I tried playing the first two a couple years ago but I recall getting awfully lost in water/sludge levels

it's also really hard to get into those games when you don't have nostalgia to aid you, I want to like them but it's rough

Q4 was pretty cool though

Quake 3 is where it's at yo

Quake 3 is where it's at yo
yeah but the original game is dead and the quake live community is too toxic to be playable. i mean literally everybody has some sort of superiority conflict in that game.

yeah but the original game is dead and the quake live community is too toxic to be playable. i mean literally everybody has some sort of superiority conflict in that game.
the quake live community I haven't really had a negative opinion on it. But that's prob because I don't really play the game that much anymore. ESP after it became f2p. I never though q3 was dead I thought it had a bigger community then live. But that's me

I've recently discovered its (essentially) abandonware at this point.

If the developers/publishers/third-party are still making money off it then it's not abandonedware.

So if you people have any ideas in this thread, you better be sure it's abandonedware.