Author Topic: Blocko Emblem D&D! [Discord Server!] <Not quite dnd yet I guess>  (Read 1555 times)

About
Blocko Emblem Tabletop RPG [TTRPG] is a game inspired from Dungeons and Dragons's tabletop aspect and Fire Emblem's stats and [maybe] simplicity. The main goal of this TTRPG is to get your character to be as strong as possible and to beat the currently WIP campaign. The rules are currently a tad long to post in this thread, and if I did, it'd look like a giant wall of text. When you do read the rules, feel free to take notes. There's no shame in asking questions, too on things you don't understand. The best way to learn how the game flows is through direct experience with a DM [Dungeon Master] that knows how to play.
Maps [Made by Space1255 at least]
Maps are a key factor in this TTRPG. After all, with no maps, there would be no game!

Demo Map 1

A simple farm with a river, a hill, some trees, and a Barn, this map is designed to get new players to get a huge feel of the stats behind this game. Previously part of the old campaign before all the maps have been remade, I have recycled this map because I was too lazy to make a new one for nostalgic purposes.
This map has been removed and will be replaced soon.

Campaign 1 | Farm

The first map of the official Campaign, the main goal of this map is to rout the enemy and get a feel for terrain effects and to understand how Allied Units work, too. I also felt like seeing how cool I could make that cliff, too, which is the main reason it's there.

Campaign 2 | Dream Pillar

A flat map with naught but a pillar. The goal is to get to the yellow tiles in front of the pillar, and to show off a hidden enemy that will show up often throughout the campaign.

Campaign 3 | Another Farm

Another mountainy map with another visitable farm. More ogres and a Boss this time that gives a load of EXP when killed. Has a corresponding map to it that's currently WIP, known as Paralogue 1. Did I mention the boss can't move and can only attack adjacent allies?

Campaign 4 | Actual Bandits

A generally flat but forested map, the goal of this map is to simply kill the commander. You're surrounded on all sides, so it'd be best if you split up and take out small portions of the gang as a distraction while a heavy hitter fights the boss.

Campaign 5 | Bloody Rain

A map dedicated to introducing weather effects, this edgy map shows off the invisible enemies again. In order to win, you must kill all the enemies.

Campaign 6 | Refuge at Last?

The big one. The whole idea is to survive a constant onslaught for 20 turns with enemies constantly spawning on the red tiles. If more than ten villagers [Green Shirts] die, the mission is automatically failed.

Those are all the maps that are worth showcasing right now!

Admins
HOST | Space1255 [32645]
SuperAdmin | Xotichl [19525]
SuperAdmin | Available Slot
Admin | Available Slot
Admin | Available Slot
Admin | Available Slot
Admin | Available Slot
Admin | Available Slot
Admin | Available Slot

Admin Application
Code: [Select]
[b]Previous Experiences?[/b]:
[b]What will you do as admin?[/b]: [Example: be a Dungeon Master, ban any cheaters / people faffing around, act as a peacekeeper, tradition admin, etc.
[b]In game name[/b]:
[b]BLID[/b]:
[b]Recommendations [Must be posted in thread[/b]:
[b]Any knowledge on Fire Emblem or any other RPG?[/b]:
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 05:21:14 AM by Space1255 »

Progress
Official Campaign: 1-10% I'm planning on having it be quite large.
PvP maps: 0%
Paralogues: 1-10%
Reclassing Tree: 30-40% Basically what characters can upgrade to
Extra Maps [Xenologues]: 1-5% Only Xenologue is still WIP a bit and is insanely hard. Not listed in OP because of WIP-ness.
Cosmetics: 3-4% At least the maps have borders.
Discord Server(s)
https://discord.gg/013EimHLBbBf1IH4A
(Note: you will be removed if we believe you will just muck around)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 02:39:53 PM by Space1255 »

Uh, how is this going to work?

Uh, how is this going to work?
It's gonna be similar to D&D: a dungeon master controls the enemies and players basically try to beat the DM. There will be MERP bricks to show all the units in battle, and the stats are explained in game, but I'll make a brief summary of them in the OP later. Basically it's a board game of sorts.
[ihttp://www.gamersbin.com/attachments/f15/20423d1341773943-funny-gifs-121.gif[/img]
??????

I played this for a bit until my computer shut down and I was pretty confused. Tons of text to read. It could turn off lots of newcomers especially people who are much newer to Blockland. If you want players, I would consider making the tutorial more simple and not so compact. Try making the tutorial on some external site like Google Docs or something like that with pictures. Make it stand out more. I will give it another go. Other than that, cool concept; iffy execution.

Alright, thank you for the feedback! I'll start working on something in an external site
Edit: actually I might just find a way for it to be quicker /easier to read
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 10:04:34 AM by Space1255 »

« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 05:06:05 PM by TheLeaderOfTheRebellion »

fun fact: i actually contacted the maker of the original mini empires brickpack after he quite the game and convinced him to make new stuff, since i wanted more content for my dungeons and dragons games.

Oh I thought all of that was made by you (unless I misread what you said, I just woke up)

Edit: where could I contact him?
Edit: omfg my server crashed whyyyyy
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 06:32:07 AM by Space1255 »

Bump, servers back up and I trimmed down on the rules a teeny tiny bit. The only Clusterforget of text should be EXP rules, and another stand of it has been put into the map. I'll work on expanding the rules room later for more optional in-depth rules

Bump, on the server right now if anyone is interested in playing at all. Also be sure to check out the discord server in second post under progress!

Update: we had eight players (including myself) on last night! I regret cutting them short, but I was drowsy and started feeling dizzy. However, I will hopefully be on tomorrow in better condition.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 09:29:45 PM by Space1255 »