Poll

What should I do?

Upgrade to Windows 10
34 (44.2%)
Stick with Windows 7
43 (55.8%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Author Topic: Upgrade to Windows 10 or stick with 7?  (Read 5243 times)

Nah, but for example who the hell still uses XP?
I dunno about home computers, but I know there are a lot of businesses still use XP. (There are some who still use 95, though I imagine this is due to cheapness more than anything else)

The reason probably has to do with awareness of how to use the operating system; and the fact that XP still works pretty dang good for most of your non-gaming needs.

As for upgrading to windows 10. Don't. There's really no reason to if you are content with 7. If you absolutely cannot stand 7 then consider Linux.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 05:10:50 PM by Rykuta »

People who have computers that can't handle 7 and up, or have compatibility issues of some sort. It really isn't a problem, even if you're on XP as long as you enjoy it and it does what you want it to do, and aren't stupid with what you download... You're fine.
There are things that don't run on XP anymore, and it lacks greatly in features. Don't get me wrong, Windows 7 is fine but eventually it won't be up to speed with the newer operating systems, so might as well upgrade to 10 so you don't have to deal with the problems in the future. Besides, it's not like 10 is bad.
I dunno about home computers, but I know there are a lot of businesses still use XP.

The reason probably has to do with awareness of how to use the operating system; and the fact that XP still works pretty dang good for most of your non-gaming needs.

Many companies just use XP compatibility mode, or virtualize it from my understanding.

Which is the edition that you get the free upgrade to, yes. If you want anything more you have to buy it all over again.
actually it only upgrades to home if you had starter, home basic, or home premium on windows 7, if you have professional or ultimate you'll upgrade to pro
can't upgrade enterprise though

There are things that don't run on XP anymore, and it lacks greatly in features. Don't get me wrong, Windows 7 is fine but eventually it won't be up to speed with the newer operating systems, so might as well upgrade to 10 so you don't have to deal with the problems in the future. Besides, it's not like 10 is bad.
Game and program support for windows 7 and 8 is not going out any time in the forseeable future, especially considering the fact that the majority of computers users still use windows 7, 8 or 8.1. Most programs still have windows XP support even through XP only has seven percent of the computer userbase at most.[1] So no, staying with Windows 7, 8 or 8.1 for the forseeable future is just fine.

And:
10 has a myriad of extreme privacy issues on top of the fact that a lot of the time it will just flat out not work at all and forget up your computer.

It shoves advertisements and windows store and other useless features down your throat, doesn't let you refuse to install updates, options you can't disable unless you have enterprise edition, completely insulting any sort of experienced users. It's generally undesirable.

actually it only upgrades to home if you had starter, home basic, or home premium on windows 7, if you have professional or ultimate you'll upgrade to pro
can't upgrade enterprise though
You're right on that.
I'm not entirely sure if even Pro users can actually fully refuse an upgrade rather than just delaying it, I can't seem to find anything that says that they can.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 05:29:25 PM by Ipquarx »

Windows 10 runs smoother, gives you the latest features and is still free for the time being. I think it's a good offer.

I also don't understand what this nonsense about "advertisements" is because I haven't received any, and disabling UAC will allow you to completely shut-down the Windows Store if you so wish.

I've been on this forum for 5 years and I still don't know how to resize images
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 07:20:56 PM by beachbum111111 »

How about re-size that image

Game and program support for windows 7 and 8 is not going out any time in the forseeable future, especially considering the fact that the majority of computers users still use windows 7, 8 or 8.1. Most programs still have windows XP support even through XP only has seven percent of the computer userbase at most.[1] So no, staying with Windows 7, 8 or 8.1 for the forseeable future is just fine.
Windows 10 is getting a plethora of exclusive games in the future so there's that, not saying that is right though. XP mode is not on all versions of Windows, so support is fleeting, not to mention the lack of security options now.

How about re-size that image
[size=1pt I've been on this forum for 5 years and I still don't know how to resize images[/size]

I would stay with 7, but also with 10.

The only problem is that im not familiarized with Audacity in windows 10

I would stay with 7, but also with 10.

The only problem is that im not familiarized with Audacity in windows 10
what do you mean not familiarized it's the same software you nerd just on a different OS

I kinda miss windows 7 but Ill stick with win 10
I hate the privacy issues, sure, but its more... "to my taste" kinda think
but yeah if you plan to upgrade to win10, better do it before July 29th this year, because once that date passes, your free reservation will expire and you will have to purchase win10

i have windows 10 and i like it
i honestly don't care about the privacy stuff even though like 50 people are probably going to jump on me for saying that
but if you are going to upgrade, make sure to check if your system is compatible because windows 10 might not work on your machine.