Author Topic: Is this laptop decent?  (Read 1337 times)

Based on the 750+ reviews and 4.1 star rating, I would think so. Just wanted to hear from the good ole BLF as well though. I will be doing some gaming on here, but this will be used more for school/Adobe applications/making music/etc. If anyone knows of a better laptop for this price or less, please let me know.

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-15-6-Inch-Quad-Core-i5-6300HQ-Processor/dp/B015PYYDMQ

jesus chrsit $800??

256GB SSD? No CD/DVD drive?

jesus chrsit $800??
It's got a 2.3 GHz quad-core, 3 USB 3.0 slots, 8GB RAM, and A/C wi-fi, that usually would jack up the price
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 02:52:14 PM by Masterlegodude »

why does that matter...?
It only matters to me because i occasionally watch movies, so that's just a personal gripe

It only matters to me because i occasionally watch movies, so that's just a personal gripe
pretty much this for me too

Not worth getting with that stuffty windows 10 OS

Wat

For a laptop I think its a p good price.

seriously whats so bad about it i personally use it daily and its perfectly fine

jesus chrsit $800??
What. That's pretty cheap for a gaming laptop.

256GB SSD? No CD/DVD drive?
It's got a 2.3 GHz quad-core, 3 USB 3.0 slots, 8GB RAM, and A/C wi-fi, that usually would jack up the price
256GB SSD is fine for now, plus that is upgradeable. Don't need a CD/DVD drive.

why does that matter...?

also this
http://www.amazon.com/F555UA-EH71-Intel-Laptop-Windows-64bit/dp/B014LE6A6I/ref=sr_1_9?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1464637787&sr=1-9&keywords=asus+laptop
>Intel HD graphics
Sorry, nope. :/

I happen to be A-OK with 10, thanks.

Wat

For a laptop I think its a p good price.
Cool.

Altrough if you're mainly using it for adobe and school I suggest getting that ram mate
Or you can buy an extra stick if your mobo supports it.

Integrated graphics are terrible. $800 is acceptable for a high-end laptop because nice hardware costs money.
Would you say this laptop is decent then?

Altrough if you're mainly using it for adobe and school I suggest getting that ram mate
Or you can buy an extra stick if your mobo supports it.
Fairly certain it has expandable RAM but I will double-check.

EDIT: Yup, another 8GB stick can be added.

EDIT: Yup, another 8GB stick can be added.
Okay so your mobo supports 16Gb,
But is it a single ramstick and not 2? It might as wel be 2x4Gb and then you have to buy 2 damn sticks.

Okay so your mobo supports 16Gb,
But is it a single ramstick and not 2? It might as wel be 2x4Gb and then you have to buy 2 damn sticks.
It comes with an 1x8GB so I'd buy another 8GB.