Author Topic: [Weapon] Laser Trip-mine - Update: BETA RAMP FUNCTIONALITY (2.0.0)  (Read 12775 times)

absolutely sick now

maybe make a SLAM version that acts as both C4 and a laser tripmine, a la hl2?

this is awesome, but perhaps make it so players can disable them by shooting the mine? otherwise players could permanently block doorways until someone sacrifices themselves

this is awesome, but perhaps make it so players can disable them by shooting the mine? otherwise players could permanently block doorways until someone sacrifices themselves

Is it not working for you? It's a feature I put in

absolutely sick now
maybe make a SLAM version that acts as both C4 and a laser tripmine, a la hl2?

Thinking about it, it probably wouldn't be too difficult
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 04:32:12 AM by Rally »

Is it not working for you? It's a feature I put in
oh great, nah i hadn't tested it yet. i scanned the features but didnt see the controlled detonation post

Yay finally finished!

New Update
Updated link is in the OP

Changes:
- You can now change the width of the laser beam or turn them off completely (set pref to 0)
- You can now 'defuse' trip mines by hitting them with the default wrench. Doing so will deactivate the laser and the trip mine will turn into an item that can be picked up. Deactivated mines will de-spawn after 4 seconds. Note that items cannot be rotated on their X or Y axis, so if you defuse a mine that's situated on a roof or floor it will pop up into an upright stance

Hope I'm not putting out too many updates, I know it's probably a pain in the richard to constantly have to re-download the file. This is gonna be the last update for a while, next one will be big.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 06:53:25 AM by Rally »

IMO, minimum laser width should be half of the default width, turning it off seems like it would only be problematic

Can you stand on the trip mines like you did in half life
( I actually used that trick to skip the nuke surface tension part, real intense)

( I actually used that trick to skip the nuke surface tension part, real intense)
You can turn off the pref for exploding on touch to stand on them

You can, but you have to disable "detonate on touch" in the RTB preferences. It's on by default

IMO, minimum laser width should be half of the default width, turning it off seems like it would only be problematic

I see what you're saying but it's actually super useful for certain one-man-armyish gamemodes or ones that involve stealth. Encourages players to really pay attention to their surroundings and get creative with placing their mines. Unless you mean code-wise, in which case I'm pretty sure disabling the laser improves performance kek

I could probably add a toggle-able function that makes mines beep every couple of seconds, would be an interesting dynamic

BTW, if tripmines touch another tripmine they explode in Half-Life 1 but it seems that behavior is not in the mod when looking at the screenshots.

EDIT:
You mean if a beam touches another tripmine they instantly explode?
Exactly that.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 07:22:52 AM by CRITAWAKETS »

BTW, if tripmines touch another tripmine they explode in Half-Life 1 but it seems that behavior is not in the mod when looking at the screenshots.

You mean if a beam touches another tripmine they instantly explode?

>Trip mines
>zombies
No problems after you set them up
10/10

im not so sure giving people default wrenches in minigames is a good idea

maybe use the pipe wrench instead? the one that repairs vehicles?