Author Topic: thoughts on polyamory  (Read 4715 times)

If you just want love just do it, you don't need to complicate stuff with poly bullstuff.

I'd much rather just have one person to really hold onto, while the rest are just friends.

just take a bunch of concubines. boom bam problem solved

i'm loving this trend of not reading a single word of a thread

Well realistically I don't really understand what the forget is going on. You've got a special partner or some sort or kind and he's upset because you have romantic feelings for other people but you still want to have love with him but you don't want to have romantic feelings and you're also disgusting by the thought of having love with a trans person, I'm really just lost.

Brass tax, from what I can tell it seems like you want all the ~cool fun~ of a relationship without any responsibility of commitment.

not something i would do but go at it other people

Well realistically I don't really understand what the forget is going on. You've got a special partner or some sort or kind and he's upset because you have romantic feelings for other people but you still want to have love with him but you don't want to have romantic feelings and you're also disgusting by the thought of having love with a trans person, I'm really just lost.

Brass tax, from what I can tell it seems like you want all the ~cool fun~ of a relationship without any responsibility of commitment.
no, i said i have no interest in having love with him. also, he cut it off tonight saying that "I can't do casual, you can't do commitment. do the math." no response from him after i said "sorry man, i guess we aren't on the same wavelength."

and it's not disgust toward having love with a trans person, it's this person specifically because they told me that ruining their illusion would basically break their world apart. i'm also 15 and he's 17, and love just was not even in the question.

thing is, man, i'm not even sure what constitutes romantic feelings for me anymore. i'm trying to figure that out.

I'm pretty into polyamory. but lately it's hard to say whether or not I seriously want that
recently I was in relationships with two people. with one of them it was pretty open, with the other, it wasn't. anyway Stuff happened and I'm not with the first one anymore
but I'm pretty happy with just the one guy. I'm not sure how he'd feel about me being with another someone else, now, but I dunno
and in any case being with both of them showed me that polyamorous relationships are relatively difficult to manage, at least at this point in my life
im 200% sure im not polyamorous, seeing as to how ive died because of a cheater already.
don't be polyamorous if you don't wanna be, but cheating is a different subject. being poly does not mean you're gonna be okay with cheating, and not being okay with cheating doesn't mean you're not poly, lol

I think that poly is a stuffty thing to do to your partner and a waste of time.

that's if the partner doesn't know about it, though.

I don't think I could handle a polyamoryous relationship, I'm pretty content with one partner, it's already emotionally exhausting as it is with one dude

I don't think I could handle a polyamoryous relationship, I'm pretty content with one partner, it's already emotionally exhausting as it is with one dude
im tryna keep it pretty loose right now. like i want to get close with people but not "i love you forever" close ya feel

i see your point but it just depends on your goals

as someone dealing with this stuff right now on the other side of it

I don't think he's even talking about cheating, or even being a cuck. He's probably like confusing "romantic feelings" with "hooking up" because it doesn't always involve love.

I don't see how you can possibly get anything out of a relationship where you can be instantly replaced at any given time for any reason, except quick and cheap love.

im tryna keep it pretty loose right now. like i want to get close with people but not "i love you forever" close ya feel

i see your point but it just depends on your goals
so you want to be in a relationship but have the freedom to date other people too?
that sounds really stuffty. why would you potentially emotionally tax someone so you can forget around and "experience" or whatever the excuse is.

just stay single. don't do that to other people.