Above age 20, why are we still playing this game?

Author Topic: Above age 20, why are we still playing this game?  (Read 4421 times)

Idk how many players or forumers are above 20, but what's your reason for sticking around?

I would guess that a majority of the people above 20 have become pretty skilled at making mods or other things in the game. A lot of those people are like game developers for blockland. I'd even argue that some of the art and concept creations people have made in blockland would be successful as standalone PC games.

But I think you're selling yourself short if you're spending several months or years making a mod for blockland; you could spend the same amount of time making a game outside of blockland with the same concept and have more freedom in the design, more players, more potential for profit, and it could even become a sustainable career.

Still, Blockland is great for testing early game concepts and sometimes enjoying other people's creations, so that's why I'm still here.

if you enjoy it there's no real point of stopping it just because you're becoming older

if you enjoy it there's no real point of stopping it just because you're becoming older

I just think some of the creators would become more recognized and have more potential if they moved on to greater projects outside of blockland.

i play bl usually when my ping is too high to play anything else

I still think it's fun.
I still like building stuff and playing with friends.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 02:49:08 PM by dr_pepper »

Because it's forgetin' good.

I think it's interesting how most of the oldest players in this game have put out at least one add-on at some point, and some have even become default. I think I might be the longest running Blockland player to contribute nothing to the game.

Fun community, great content creators, game's still fun to play and create things for every now and then

Age doesn't really matter to me when it comes to a good game.  It's always been fun.  Has a pretty open-ended design that you can work with, so the options are seldom limited.

I've spent the better part of the past decade on this game.  Why stop now?  When I was still living in the dorms at my school, my suite mates said this game was stuff.  Ain't no way I'm letting their asses win and have me quit.

I don't really play it anymore or develop anything on it anymore. I usually just run it, look at the servers, join 1 for about 5 minutes, then close blockland.

Age is just a number like the number of bricks on your server.

I turned 19 about 2 months ago
I like to administrate servers and play on servers
I go through phases of modding the game and then taking break from that
I really enjoy the game and the community and the friends I have on blockland

Age is literally a number. When I was a kid growing up I thought people in their 20s were basically really old people with responsibilities.

Now I find out 20 year olds are just bigger children.

When you get to age 40 that's when you start becoming a middle aged adult.

Force of habit. I removed this from my bookmarks years ago to try and stop coming here, Still do.

I only really play the game when people ask me to look at stuff they've done though, None of the servers are interesting at all anymore. And for building i'd rather go to space engineers or scrap mechanic where you can build moving things.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 04:58:35 PM by tails »