Author Topic: Event that plays a sound for all players  (Read 678 times)

An event i thought would be really useful would be one that plays a Sounds, but for all players, and in a range. is there something like that already made?

Yeah, default events

I tried the playsound event, and either i'm a loving idiot, or it only plays the sound for the player who activates the event

I made it super admin only since it could be used to annoy players on dedicated servers if it ever sees them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mden76um0gxipxr/Event_playSoundAll.zip?dl=0

I made it super admin only

You didn't, but that's fine because that'd be an unnecessary restriction anyways.

I didn't? !%client.isSuperAdmin, no? Unnecessary how? Anyone could do onActivate -> playSoundAll -> mostObnoxiousSound and then ear-rape an entire server. If no admin is around it's very necessary.

Oh, I somehow missed that.

It's not a useful restriction though, because now you can't actually use this event for gameplay. For example, if you want to play a sound to everyone when someone flips a lever, you can't, because the event only works if an admin flips it.

What you want to restrict is creating abusive events, not calling them.

You're also playing the sound twice to the client that triggered the event.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 10:30:19 AM by Zeblote »

I didn't? !%client.isSuperAdmin, no? Unnecessary how? Anyone could do onActivate -> playSoundAll -> mostObnoxiousSound and then ear-rape an entire server. If no admin is around it's very necessary.
I believe what you would want to do is package serverCmdaddEvent and go from there.
Take a look at my Event_fetchAll for a reference.
Also, you put the actual folder into the zip folder. You need to put just the files into the zip folder.